General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Riders that sail . . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Harley Riders that sail . . . . .

You guys are kill'n me. Old pic of me & my all girl crew racing an E-Scow.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
69Shark
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: x2lee

Beautiful shot, beautiful boat. If I had a boat like that it would be hard to get me ashore!Where are you anchored, and if you dont mindwhat are some specs on your boat?

She's a Beneteau Oceanis 400 1995. 40' long, 13' wide. She caries 40 gallons of fuel, 140 galons of fresh water. She stands 56' high including antennas and draws 5'6". Owners version includes two staterooms, large galley, main salon, and two heads. She's actually a very common boat and the full specs and photos of the intereior are all over the internet.

We absolutley love her. My delayed response here is because we spent the weekend on her. We typically carry two 15'8" Kayaks on her deck and drag a 10' dinghy unless in rough weather, then the dinghy hangs on the radar arch/davits.

That particular photo was taken at Chatterbox Falls in BC Canada this last summer.
If you read Lats and Atts check out February 2008 page 65. Lower right you'll see a photo of my daughter that I took and managed to get published! Bob give credit to mywife however I took the shot!! The owner of the Yacht in the photo contacted us yesterday looking for a copy of the photo! We had never met them and yet they found us! Kewl! I shared the photo and several others of their yacht!

Reading back, I see some other VERY nice boats! Even the big grey ones!
The offer stands to anyone in Seattle/Everett area or any visitors to the area! I'm always looking for yet another excuse to go sailing!

Wouldn't the Port of Everett Security crap if a bunch of bikers showed up? ! ? ! ?

Scott

Old 01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
69Shark
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Milehog
Izzat Chatterbox Falls?
Yes! Have you been there? Maybe Malibu Club?

Scott

itileman
You have a great looking sailer! I'd go on her ANYDAY! Crew looks pretty good to from what I can see!

Scott

Old 01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That'sone of theboats I used to crew on. My racer was a C-Scow, only 20 ft - same design, but no jib.The E is 28 ft& the A's I used to race onare 38 ft.
The A's are a scream'n blast - carry 1,7000 sq ft of sail and draw 9" of water.
Here's a link: http://www.melges.com/ascows.html

Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 PM
BMdeckie
Cruiser

Well at least I see some sails up. I cant remember how many times sitting in the watch room getting mayday calls for sailing vessels out of gas. No joke, there are lots of guys who putt putt around with their lil outboard running.....cause they have no clue how to sail but as per social status they have to own one.

For now my sail boat is 25'

[IMG]local://upfiles/36265/A7E36E8B052645E2948DC5EA527259EE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Anyone who can make the wind do the work is OK in my book. It tell people its like flying only harder and they seem to think I am dumb. I do both and I get more satisfaction out of sailing because its harder to get the sailboat to cooperate than the wings [quote]ORIGINAL: 69Shark

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Beautiful shot, beautiful boat. If I had a boat like that it would be hard to get me ashore!Where are you anchored, and if you dont mindwhat are some specs on your boat?

She's a Beneteau Oceanis 400 1995. 40' long, 13' wide. She caries 40 gallons of fuel, 140 galons of fresh water. She stands 56' high including antennas and draws 5'6". Owners version includes two staterooms, large galley, main salon, and two heads. She's actually a very common boat and the full specs and photos of the intereior are all over the internet.

We absolutley love her. My delayed response here is because we spent the weekend on her. We typically carry two 15'8" Kayaks on her deck and drag a 10' dinghy unless in rough weather, then the dinghy hangs on the radar arch/davits.

That particular photo was taken at Chatterbox Falls in BC Canada this last summer.
If you read Lats and Atts check out February 2008 page 65. Lower right you'll see a photo of my daughter that I took and managed to get published! Bob give credit to mywife however I took the shot!! The owner of the Yacht in the photo contacted us yesterday looking for a copy of the photo! We had never met them and yet they found us! Kewl! I shared the photo and several others of their yacht!

Reading back, I see some other VERY nice boats! Even the big grey ones!
The offer stands to anyone in Seattle/Everett area or any visitors to the area! I'm always looking for yet another excuse to go sailing!

Wouldn't the Port of Everett Security crap if a bunch of bikers showed up? ! ? ! ?

Scott

Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Only sailing I do so far is on a Cruiseship. I know, doesn't count. But my dream has always been to buy a sailboat and keep it docked on the Atlantic which is only 45 minutes away. I love the ocean.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice boats guys!! I returned racers from Transpacs, Hawaii to Seattle, usually with no autopilot, and I'm done with that. Next time I cross an ocean it'll be in a Swan or something equally ridiculously expensive and comfy. On the other hand I race from Pensacola to Isla Mujeres every couple of years. I miss is too!

In all my life, the second worst weather was on a big grey boat care of Uncle, just outside SF bay. Worst was in a typhoon in the South China Sea, 1973. Anyone here get a chance to enjoy that one too?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
69Shark
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jimmers1817

Only sailing I do so far is on a Cruiseship. I know, doesn't count. But my dream has always been to buy a sailboat and keep it docked on the Atlantic which is only 45 minutes away. I love the ocean.
Go buy one, dock it on the Atlantic, AND LIVE YOUR DREAM!
Whatcha waiting for????
There is a sailboat for EVERY budget!

Scott