Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 AM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Virginia

I am planning a weekend trip to the Canaan Valley/Seneca Rock area of WV. It will be my wife and I, and two other couples coming down from central PA. Does anyone here live/ride in this area or has anyone else ever rode in this area. I am looking for your advice on good routes, restuarants and sites to see.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
JoeWV
Advanced
Default RE: West Virginia

This is a great area of WV. Just pick a direction and ride, you wont be disappointed. Theres a small pizza place called Sirianni's Pizza Cafejust a few miles out of Canaan Valley inDavis, WV. Def. check this place out. There's also a new micro brewery in that area, I think its called The WV Brewery, I've not been to it but I heard its a pretty neat place.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM
davidwideglide06
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that whole area is just awesome riding area. Like joe said you can not go wrong. Watch out for the critters in the early morning and early evening. Gets pretty cold this time of year, hench it being a ski area. Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy yourselfs.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:29 PM
run2bfit
Advanced

Blackwater Falls is a nice site and the entire mtn area has greatscenery. Google it and you will seethe falls. You can hike down to the bottom of the falls. Watch for deer in the park. They are so used to vehicles that they won't move out of the road. There are some neat fire towers in that area (Dolly Sodds). Numerous great roads all across the mountain. I have whitewater kayaked in that area a bunch.

Dave

Old 01-09-2008, 04:37 PM
HD_Maxima
Cruiser

Thanks for the input. I have found a cabin that looks like it will work great for our small group. I have also been told by a co-worker to check out the New River Gorge Bridge. I will check out the Black Water Falls. We can't wait. I think another one of our rides this summer will more than likely be Route 6 across Pennsylvania.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love to ride in WV.

Rte 219 from Lewisberg to Mill Creek is great road.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:08 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm originally from the New River Gorge area and you can't go wrong in visiting and riding in that area. Also while your in the New River Gorge area check ou the Tractor Bar, nice bar and a lot of bikers stop there while in that area. Heres the web site for the Tractor and I believe there are links to other things in the area. http://www.tractorbar.com

Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
goosem3
Cruiser

I grew up around the New River Gorge bridge area and have a few suggestions. Route 60 is a pretty twisty road and might be a good ride from Gauley Bridgeto Rainelle. If you take it, stop at Babcock state park and Hawks Nest state park. Both are pretty good sites to stop for a sight see.

I haven't been in the state now for about 15 years and don't know how the road is holding up, but be careful if you do take it. Locals with try to straighten out the roads when driving and I can't count the number of times I came around a corner with a car, truck, or semi in my lane.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

goosem3, I'm from Rainelle.We're ya from?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:04 PM
goosem3
Cruiser

I'm from Victor (Between Ansted and Hico). Graduated in 90, joined the Navy and been moving ever since. In Minnesota now. Sometimes I miss it, but the area just doesn't have the jobs to keep me there. It's good to hear from someone from the hills.

Goose

Quick Reply: West Virginia