General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LIGHT YOUR BIKE UP...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LIGHT YOUR BIKE UP...

good luck with your local LEOs. the alabama state police issued a statement just before christmas that any distracting lights will get you a ticket. the packages these lights com in tell you they are for show and off road use only.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone used the kits from Boogie lights (site sponser)???
Was thinking about ordering some this morning and was looking at them. Pros....cons....

Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I get my lights made for me... that is the only lights i will use when i light up a customers bike.... I have heard great things about boogie lights and they have how to video's on you tube... i will not lie... LED wiring is hard... IF it is done right you will not see any of the pods and they will last forever! the first bike we did took almost 10 hrs... now with a 2 man crew per bike we can knock out a 10 pod kit in about 4.5 hrs and a 15 in about 6... we have everything set up for these bikes from shrink wrap to soldering... I have redone so so many LED light jobs that where done at shows... if you want a quality job either do it yourself or find a company that specializes in it... Boogy lights has been around for a long time . If you are in the Illinois area i am sure you will have seen one of our bikes around, our show bikes are red white and blue... Lite Em Up Customs is the name on the tent (and the pro mo girls short shorts ) If you ever see us around or at local bike shows please come up and ask all the questions you can... I have shown people so many tricks at shows they did not even need my help to do their kit... after all half the fun of owning a bike is working on it yourself... We get asked all the time why we do not do lighting at shows and the answer is simple, you can not do it right without taking your time. I will not put my name on anything that is not perfect.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Not running them, although I've seen a lot of bikes with them on. I don't think it's my cup of tea.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

I know LED lighting!!! I leave them on basicly all night... it is only illegal if there is direct light facing forward or back (if they can see where the light originates from)
this may not be true in all states , not sure about bikes but I would think they would catagorize those lights the same as a car , here in IL , its illegal to run a car with em on.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
grimreaper169
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Takes all the money I can print just to make the payment each mo. nothing left for such foolishness.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:47 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I second the motion (its kinda barbie doll to me) and you can ask Rockabillygirl if she agrees... Hey Rockabillytry not totake offense at me
ORIGINAL: cwilks
Well that's just GAY.....just sayin

Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

I know LED lighting!!! I leave them on basicly all night... it is only illegal if there is direct light facing forward or back (if they can see where the light originates from)
this may not be true in all states , not sure about bikes but I would think they would catagorize those lights the same as a car , here in IL , its illegal to run a car with em on.
I am from IL... It is legal on the cycle... i have been to court and consulted the IL state police rep

Barbie doll... HA HA HA HA HA from a GUY on a sportster! HA HA HA HA

Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

i have the pods and the expansion pack, love them to death! they look so awesome at night with the reflections on the chrome. had many compliments on them. my dad and i put them on ourselves, really not that hard once you get started. you just gotta be sure you want them where you do and then hide the wires.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 PM
dstlvb
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my bike and installed them myself. Very easy, and i have very little mechanical experience. Hardest part was deciding where to put them and hiding the wiring. Got mine form Custom Dynamics. Guys who have run them for years with no problem steered me in there direction

Quick Reply: LIGHT YOUR BIKE UP...