General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:38 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

As we all know the issue of loud pipes is a controversial topic. Opinions vary widely on the cause of the problem, and what, if any, may solutions exist. Since starting my Loud Pipes Ruins Lives thread https://www.hdforums.com/m_1987925/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm I've begun to see a common theme. Basically the people who are divided on the issues seem to break down in to two camps.

Group A: Thosepeople that either run stock or modified exhaust and believe in individual responsibility and respect their community by not creating unnecessary noise. This group relies on self restraint and respect for their neighbors by not revving their motors excessively and areaware that others may not care for the noise their bike creates. Group A, people choose to run stock exhaust or keep their modified exhaust but operate them in a manner so as not to create unnecessary noise.

Group B: This group is comprised of the rebels. They love their loud exhaust and want everybody to hear them.They like revving their exhaust, making noise anddon't consider that you might be sleeping, enjoying a nice meal outside or what have you. They don't care if their bike offends you and many enjoy setting off car alarms and making sure that their presence is known by everyone around them.In short, Group B peoplejust don'tcare what youor anybody thinks, they will not change their behavior no matter who it offends. They see it as their right.

Usually the people who speak the loudest are the folks from Group B, although the majority of the favorable responses I received seemed to come from Group A. So I thought we could take a poll to see who's in the majority here. Are you in Group A or Group B? Take the poll and let's see where our members stand.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5432/E2A7FC3E0FD840269D82C59332BCDF24.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Vinnie85FXWG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

I went with group A, although I have loud pipes, I respect my neighbors and everyone else around me. I don't sit at red lights raping my pipes to get attention. I have been around loud motorcycles since i was a baby. I like loud pipes but hate how others are destroying my right to have loud pipes because they abuse them. I went down into denver one day with my dad, and some guy came up next to me with pipes quieter than mine but was really hittin em and a cop pulls up next to me on his bike and smiles at me and pulls the other guy over. What everyone needs is to respect others. Here is a video of my bike and the neighbors have no problem with me because I respect them and they don't mind my pipes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBcZ9D1vlNI

Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V&H Big Shot Longs with quiet baffles. I like the sound of my exhaust, a low rumble,not so load that it makes my ears bleed. I would be in the A camp.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:00 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Very nice Wide Glide. I love the kick start. Yep, I'm a Group A guy to. I hve both stock and modified exhaust bikes in my stable, but I respect my neighbors.

It will be real interesting to see how this poll ends up.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:04 PM
06train
Road Warrior

I don't get it ...I like my loud pipes but don't try to aggravate anyone...Where do I vote..I like loud but not obnoxious with it..If I dont have mufflers ,,,,,,,,Then I'm Obnoxious.I don't see me as one more than the other.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:08 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not enough choices to vote my man. Seems sort of self serving.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Lockman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man! I'm group C:
Love loud pipes!
Like my neighbors!
Love cookouts!
Hate loud rap music coming from those little cars with fat tail pipes...if that one offends you, turn your damn hat around and wear it the correctway.
And hate polls!

How deep's the snow???

Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enough already, someone has way too much time on his hands.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

i have one of each. my shovel has straight fishtails and my bagger has stock mufflers. i don't care what anybody runs. ain't none of my business.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
LowRyder
Cruiser
Default I did not vote >>

No vote here because it's a bogus poll. The world is not black and white. I didn't like either choice.
OMG I am a replying to anotherloud pipe thread.
What pushes my buttons? My neighbor with an ATV with the most obnoxious ring-E-ting-ting. He has to check the red linefirst thing in the morning waking me and everyone else up.
Oh, but it's NOT a motorcycle it's an ATV! I can fall asleep listening to the sweet sound of a twin-V but shudder at the mini-metric monsters.=) Lowryder

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!