General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Group A here...and if the Group B guys don't start becoming a bit more considerate, ALL of us will be running stock by law...Its time to wake up to the reality of our world. Times have changed, People have changed, and if we don't change also, we WILL lose our rights. Too many places are making laws to outlaw the loud pipes. To me, that is a wake-up call, but too many don't get it, and never will. I give it less than 10 years, and we will all be requiered to run quite stock exhaust, because of the inconsiderate fools that think of only themselves.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM
daboys53119
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

ORIGINAL: daboys53119

Group C here. When I am riding the bike to work in the summer leaving at 6am I try to leave as quietly as possible. When in traffic I defintely try to be heard by as many cagers as I can.
Your choice..but I'm not sure that qualifies you as Group C. You sound like a Group A guy based on the fact that you said you try to be as quiet as possible. I think everyone here understands needing to be heard while you're in traffic. That's fair and reasonable. The difference is the Group B guy wouldn't care if he woke up your neighbors at 6AM and makes excessive noise just to draw attention to himself.

I have at times ripped out of the garage early in the morning with the intent to upset a neighbor as a payback though. Does that make me a group B?

Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I always do a pretty hard roll-on when I enter or leave my neighborhood. The neighbors appreciate it becasue they know whether or not it's safe for the women and children to be outdoors.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:40 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

My neighbor is a86 year old B!TCH. I hate her f*****g guts (non bike reasons). I make as much noise as I can when I leave. My exhaust is my leverage and it is very satisfying to p!ss her off.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It does not matter if you fit the narrow descriptions of group A or B.

What does matter is that the people who vote, contribute to the politicians, or are buddies with the politicians believe we are all loud and obnoxious and therefore should have laws and law enforcement directed at us.

The only way to stop it is via political actions with the AMA or ABATE or start your own group.

Ignoring it or whining about it won't stop it.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: bcox

My neighbor is a86 year old B!TCH. I hate her f*****g guts (non bike reasons). I make as much noise as I can when I leave. My exhaust is my leverage and it is very satisfying to p!ss her off.
Dude..she's 86. She'll be buried soon. Do you really want to be known as the one who antagonized her to her grave?
What's the deal anyway...are you mad because she wouldn't put out for you, or what?
[sm=happybounce.gif] just teasing.....I couldn't resist.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
mojo76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please stop these self serving loud pipe threads. ride what you like, do what you like and if there are consequences to those actions than accept them. end of story

Old 01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tda69

ORIGINAL: bcox

Dude..she's 86. She'll be buried soon. Do you really want to be known as the one who antagonized her to her grave?
What's the deal anyway...are you mad because she wouldn't put out for you, or what?
[sm=happybounce.gif] just teasing.....I couldn't resist.
1.) Maybe 2.) Hell yeah 3.) HELL NO!!! [:'(]

Old 01-08-2008, 08:05 PM
jimbo21165
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll make as much noise as I WANT, but I don't WANT to make much noise.

And I am as quiet as I can be. Basically, I am just bit above stock with slip ons, and idle out the 'hood.

But, you can't legislate actions, morality, and common decency. How hard is that to understand?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

I'll make as much noise as I WANT, but I don't WANT to make much noise.

And I am as quiet as I can be. Basically, I am just bit above stock with slip ons, and idle out the 'hood.

But, you can't legislate actions, morality, and common decency. How hard is that to understand?
So true.

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!