General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:31 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

ORIGINAL: JayStronghawk

Anyone ever call you a post ***** with useless posts ? If not consider it done ...
And, yet you replied...so much for beinga post *****.

For the record, the reason this poll has legs and continues on and on and on, is because people keep it alive. Obviously your opinion isn't the only one that matters here, otherwise it wouldn't have so many hits. As far as whether you like it or not, I frankly don't give a ****.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:39 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

ORIGINAL: tda69

ORIGINAL: JayStronghawk

Anyone ever call you a post ***** with useless posts ? If not consider it done ...
And, yet you replied...so much for beinga post *****.

For the record, the reason this poll has legs and continues on and on and on, is because people keep it alive. Obviously your opinion isn't the only one that matters here, otherwise it wouldn't have so many hits. As far as whether you like it or not, I frankly don't give a ****.
Neither do I ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/48672/0BD3B3FFCC3D49D295B0E9715755EEF9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-08-2008, 08:19 AM
daboys53119
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Group C here. When I am riding the bike to work in the summer leaving at 6am I try to leave as quietly as possible. When in traffic I defintely try to be heard by as many cagers as I can.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: daboys53119

Group C here. When I am riding the bike to work in the summer leaving at 6am I try to leave as quietly as possible. When in traffic I defintely try to be heard by as many cagers as I can.
Your choice..but I'm not sure that qualifies you as Group C. You sound like a Group A guy based on the fact that you said you try to be as quiet as possible. I think everyone here understands needing to be heard while you're in traffic. That's fair and reasonable. The difference is the Group B guy wouldn't care if he woke up your neighbors at 6AM and makes excessive noise just to draw attention to himself.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I am inGroup A. I have loud drag pipes, but I am not a throttle blipper. The only time I rev my engine, solely to make noise, is to alert a cager, that doesn't appear to see me. I have to ride a couple of miles to get out of my addition, so I drive at a steady 35 in 3rd gear to keep the sound down.
I do all my hard riding on the open roads where the exhaust noise should not be a problem.
The previous owner had this exhaust installed. It runs great withthe present setup, so I have been hesitant to go to the expense and hassle of putting on another exhaust system and having it re-tuned.
Tom

Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Group A. And this poll makes perfect sense.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:59 AM
WireDawg
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Group A.......Supertrapp SEs......I respect the neighbors @ 6:00 AM..........Common Sense guys.

The few knuckleheads w/ straight pipes, blipping throttles @ stop lights just get us looked at.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

I voted A. I have loud pipes but keep it low key in the neighborhood. On the road, thats a different story.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
FatBoy94
Cruiser

Wow some one must have been woke up from their nappy time by loud pipes to be so angry. Let me see choice A you are a saint loved by all. Choice B you are the scum of the earth and should be burned at the stake.

I think you need some help channeling your anger and finding that loving caring place.

Have a happy day.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:14 PM
rambo1
Advanced

although a bike with loud pipesmay disturb a neighborhood I REFUSE to Let the gov't CONTROL every little thing we do! I would rather hear a hog roarin' down my street than a 99 honda civic bumpin' some 16' subs

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!