General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

ORIGINAL: tda69

Based on the responses, it seems to me people fall in to two basic groups, so there's no real need for another choice. People either feel they have a right to act how they want and those who understand how they act effects others. One group is more socially responsible than the other, that would be Group A. If you notice, this who thing seems to come down toindividual behavior, because even those in Group A run modified exhaust (myself included).

So what are you?
I'm actually a little bit of both... I like the sound of a well tuned Harley. I feel I have the right to like it and own one. I'm sure I'll love the sound of the new Samson Rip-Saws I just bought a month or so ago(I'm running stock mufflers with no baffles at the moment).
However I do have neighbors and understand that their 3 or 4 year old kid might be woken up if I came rapping the pipes through the neighborhood at 2am. I try to keep things quiet in my neighborhood.
I know of a couple of towns who frown on loud bikes but I can ride through them with no issues. By the way if anyone who is in SE WI or plans to ride to a little place called the Knucklehead Pub & Grill in Eagle WI (great place with really good burgers) take it easy because that townissues ticketsfor noise without a second thought...Must build revenue??
I look at it this way... the kids with the fart tube mufflers on their Hondas (bikes or cars) as an exampleannoy the hell outta me, and make a fine target for the cops to go after instead of me.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Kilo6
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Alpha Group

Old 01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you rev your motor like an idiot I hope leo busts your *** for making unnecessary noise. All my bikes have had loud exhausts specially my pro streets but I did not need to be reving the motor to upset those that dont like the unneccesary noise.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Tmoney
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im all about performance Ihave rineharts true duals on my roadking but i dont rev at lights or to get noticed, I do like some
peace and quite but i dont whant every bike out there to sound the same either....

Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

I considered my neighbors when I got pipes. I have the SE performance pros which are just right for me. On the other hand, I love the sound of loud obnoxious pipes on other peoples bikes.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

What is the public opinion over there on this subject?
You do realize your a group A guy right?
Im a group A guy too.

Public Opinion........ the louder the better. This is the deal. I'm by far the loudest bike on the Island. There are I'd say about 30 Harleys here, and only 5 to 10 are daily rides. (And in my tourist resort/town I'm 'bout the only daily ride.) They all have normal aftermarket pipes, loudish but not too loud.

Everyone I speak to says it's a pleasure hearing it. Or they joke about it being "Harley loud". Hell, when you're the only damn one, your laughing. It's a novalty. People love it.

Oh, and when I start the sucker up and the two cars go off on either side, .........the entire broardwalk with all the tourist cafes, bars, restaurants etc; goes up in flames.

You kidding....... they eat it up.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: I did not vote >>

ORIGINAL: LowRyder

No vote here because it's a bogus poll. The world is not black and white. I didn't like either choice.
OMG I am a replying to anotherloud pipe thread.
What pushes my buttons? My neighbor with an ATV with the most obnoxious ring-E-ting-ting. He has to check the red linefirst thing in the morning waking me and everyone else up.
Oh, but it's NOT a motorcycle it's an ATV! I can fall asleep listening to the sweet sound of a twin-V but shudder at the mini-metric monsters.=) Lowryder
+1

Old 01-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am 90% group A. I do have the Vance&Hines straightshots,and yes they are loud,but I don't usually go around blasting them for no reason

Old 01-06-2008, 08:15 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

ORIGINAL: Demkay

ORIGINAL: INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS

What is the public opinion over there on this subject?
You do realize your a group A guy right?
Im a group A guy too.

Public Opinion........ the louder the better. This is the deal. I'm by far the loudest bike on the Island. There are I'd say about 30 Harleys here, and only 5 to 10 are daily rides. (And in my tourist resort/town I'm 'bout the only daily ride.) They all have normal aftermarket pipes, loudish but not too loud.

Everyone I speak to says it's a pleasure hearing it. Or they joke about it being "Harley loud". Hell, when you're the only damn one, your laughing. It's a novalty. People love it.

Oh, and when I start the sucker up and the two cars go off on either side, .........the entire broardwalk with all the tourist cafes, bars, restaurants etc; goes up in flames.

You kidding....... they eat it up.
I think I might move to the Canary Islands.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:17 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Anyone ever call you a post ***** with useless posts ? If not consider it done ...

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!