General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:46 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

At the local H-D shop yesterday. Big bad "biker" dude rides in.Lights up HIS god awful soundingLOUD pipes.[:@] Happy as HE can be. Shuts off HIS big bad bike. HEgrins like a JACKASS eating pricklypears!Then theSOB pulls HIS EAR PLUGS out of His ears. Guess HEdoes notlike HIS loud pipes ALL THAT MUCH????? I`m Just saying...................

Old 01-06-2008, 09:01 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: will2002

At the local H-D shop yesterday. Big bad "biker" dude rides in.Lights up HIS god awful soundingLOUD pipes.[:@] Happy as HE can be. Shuts off HIS big bad bike. HEgrins like a JACKASS eating pricklypears!Then theSOB pulls HIS EAR PLUGS out of His ears. Guess HEdoes notlike HIS loud pipes ALL THAT MUCH????? I`m Just saying...................
Or maybe the cold air gives him ear aches.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose group A; I have aftermarket exhaust on both bikes. I am respectful until a cager cuts me off.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm in group A. I'm running stock right now, but had SE II's on my previous bike which I really liked the sound of. But after a couple hours of riding, my ears were ringing, so I got earplugs to cut down the sound & wind noise. Then I'm thinking, this is stupid, I've got these loud pipes & put in earplugs so I can't hear 'em. So, again I'm thinking, do I like the loud exhaust for my benefit, or to make myself noticed to other bikers & the non-biking public. I think it's both in my case. I plan on getting Harley SE's which are fairly loud but don't **** people off when I get on it. I really like the Harley sound, but don't think it has to be ear splitting. When I pass a Honda Goldwing, I'm thinking, damn, what was that a Singer? Part of the Harley experience is the sound & throb of that big v-twin. Also, my hearing has suffered from years of playing my stereo too damn loud. If anyone else out there is having hearing problems, you'd better get some plugs or run quieter pipes. In conclusion, if your like 'em loud, be responsible, & keep tabs on your hearing(loss).

Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't vote, because I'm both group "A" and "B". It depends on the time of day, weather, my mood, and if I'm partying. Riding to work in the morning, I'm a group "A" individual. Weekend ride for fun, and I'm a group "B" individual.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:33 AM
bandit2
Cruiser

My neighbors are all about 3 acres away and have small children so I try to keep the noise down to a minimum. I have Screamin Eagles with Big City Thunders and they are loud. Not crazy loud, but loud. I try to be considerate. Group A for me.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:59 AM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm group A. I like the sound, but respect my neighbours and keep the noise to a minimum. There are places to make noise that won't offend others. Even though I have reasonably loud pipes if some a h was tearing up and down my street over and over it won't be long before he's laying on the ground. If he even only did it once, I'd be ok with it but when he can't follow common sense and respect other peoples privacy, he needs to FO and die.
Ron

Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
MT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in group C- Who cares!!!!!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:23 AM
eyefrgt
Cruiser

I voted Group A. I have V&H Big Shot Staggered on my bike. Even though they are loud I do my best not to annoy the nieghbors. I fire the ole Harley up at 4:30 in the morning to go to work. I try to leave the neighborhood as quietly as possible. I have ask my neighbors point blank if my pipes bothered them and they said "No" even though most of them at least hear me. They realize I am trying not to pi$$ them off by keeping the warm up time to a bare minimum and on the throddle as easy as possible. They are a fairly consertive and would say something if I was being inconsiderate. If I were to start to abuse their good humor I would probablybe forcedto put the stock pipes back on and I am really trying to avoid that. If I start to bother any of them I will put the quieter baffels in as a show of good fath and hope that puts an end to it but until them I will keep the loud pipes.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

I'm somewhat in the middle (as usual, I refuse easy classification), but in the end choose A.
I have stock pipes on my bike, after all. I'd like to mount louder pipes, but then lòegal liability in case of accident is an issue: here in Italy insurance companies will appeal to almost anything to avoid paying.
I have loud (very loud) exhaust on my car. I avoid doing unnecessary fracas, but if some "respectable citizen" hears it and complains, well, f*ck him!
We live in a world populated by social zombies, dead in the brain, dead in the soul, who excel only in conforming to the mediocre, whose only chance be on par with the others is to pull everybody down to their level. F*ck 'em all!
[:@]

This was the 19 'o clock sociopathic rant.

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!