General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Lockman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

THE VOTES ARE IN!!! Let's tally them up...OK ...carry the one....IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!
I'lL HAVE ANOTHER BEER!!!!!!!!!!!

Another successful poll!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:59 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say I am group B.....but in reality I guess I have to ***** out and admit I am in group A. I can be a real scumbag ******* at times though....it just depends on how I feel at the time. I think its the fact that I am still young and strong enough that I dont mind having some static with people.....I am calming down slowly though as the years pass.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
stevent
Road Master

I like quiet pipes myself, I have Harley Accessory baloney cuts that are the same as stock. I don't have anything against modified pipes that improve performance without making too much noise butI think it's pretty foolish to run straight pipes on a Harley.All your doing is pissing people off and loosing power. Straight through pipes only add power at high RPM, at the low to midrange where you're running in normal street ridingthe engine needs back pressure and a balance pipe for complete combustion and to scavange exhaust gas. Running true duels or straight pipes is costing you horsepower 99% of the time unless you're racing.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

People should have the right to run whatever pipes they want. I have a 2 into 1 Reinhart pipe and it is loud, so loud I had my indy guy weld in a custom cone to quiet it down. Turns out my mechanic gets asked how to quiet the bikes down quite a bit. It is the Harley guys asking, seems like the majority of his customers (and he has allot) want a nice sounding good performing pipe, but not necessarily the loudest one on the block. Even with my custom baffle, I push the bike out of the neighborhood if I am going somewhere early or coming home late, I don't have to, but I do. Bikers have a bad rep already, there is no need to make it worse.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
warthawg
Tourer

Rebels on Harley's, imagine that.

I thought all 21st century rebels rode metric sport bikes[]

Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Loud sex saves lives!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 08:25 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

ORIGINAL: stevent

I like quiet pipes myself, I have Harley Accessory baloney cuts that are the same as stock. I don't have anything against modified pipes that improve performance without making too much noise but I think it's pretty foolish to run straight pipes on a Harley. All your doing is pissing people off and loosing power. Straight through pipes only add power at high RPM, at the low to midrange where you're running in normal street riding the engine needs back pressure and a balance pipe for complete combustion and to scavange exhaust gas. Running true duels or straight pipes is costing you horsepower 99% of the time unless you're racing.

you got it...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm, yup, think I remember. Aren't you the .............I TOLD YOU SO guy from that other thread complaining about loud pipes?

I deliberately went from Rush slip-on 2.0 baffles to 2.25 baffles. And because of that 1/4 of an inch increase, I had to buy a power commander computer thing and also got some fancy air filter thing that some guy from Fuelmoto recommended. So, yeah, it cost a lot. But guess what...... now I'm happy. Why, 'cuz every phucker hears me now when I'm on the highway. Noone cuts me off anymore and everyone seems to give me plenty of room.

And that is all I care about.

I don't really have neighbors, and the couple I sort of have love the noise of my bike. When I'm in town I don't rev the motor, I just drive normal. When I go into garages; I NEVER hit the throttle, as I know every damn alarm will go off. I don't **** anyone off. BUT, ....... my pipes are loud on the open road, ....... and that's the way they're gonna stay.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
jeffrey98837
Cruiser

The LEO's in my area punched holes in their exhaust because they were too quiet. My bike is loud and they wave to me everytime they see me. My neighbors give me thumbs up when I ride through the neighborhood. I guess I am just blessed to live in the Pacific North West.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Demkay

hmmm, yup, think I remember. Aren't you the .............I TOLD YOU SO guy from that other thread complaining about loud pipes?

I deliberately went from Rush slip-on 2.0 baffles to 2.25 baffles. And because of that 1/4 of an inch increase, I had to buy a power commander computer thing and also got some fancy air filter thing that some guy from Fuelmoto recommended. So, yeah, it cost a lot. But guess what...... now I'm happy. Why, 'cuz every phucker hears me now when I'm on the highway. Noone cuts me off anymore and everyone seems to give me plenty of room.

And that is all I care about.

I don't really have neighbors, and the couple I sort of have love the noise of my bike. When I'm in town I don't rev the motor, I just drive normal. When I go into garages; I NEVER hit the throttle, as I know every damn alarm will go off. I don't **** anyone off. BUT, ....... my pipes are loud on the open road, ....... and that's the way they're gonna stay.

What is the public opinion over there on this subject?
You do realize your a group A guy right?
Im a group A guy too.

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!