General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:43 PM
HSdropout
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

I still don't get it ...what is the point of the poll?....did I miss something?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:44 PM
goblish
Cruiser
Default RE: I did not vote >>

Her we go again cry cry cry about loud pipes. Would you just give it up already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 06:48 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: I did not vote >>

After spending time in Yosemite Park last summer & seeing how loud pipes seemed to disturb everyone, I'm a group A guy.

I love loud pipes. I choose street legal Screaming Eagles for my bike, because I didn't want to tick off the neighbors. I'm jealous of those of you, that live where you can run the loud ones without affecting anyone else.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
WaterHog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: ImYrHklbry

ORIGINAL: kingk9

Not enough choices to vote my man. Seems sort of self serving.
Dead on, just like his other thread. Either you agree completely with him and stand up for him while he acts 15 and insults anyone who disagrees, or you are in the bad guys group.
This is more a yes or no answer and less abouta poll.

What demographics? Large Metros, with loud traffic?

Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: kingk9

Not enough choices to vote my man. Seems sort of self serving.
Couldn't agree more.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
sportncruise
Road Captain

I don't think my decision for loud pipes is so rash or arrogant as you make it out to be.
I happen to enjoy the sound of a jet flying overhead, a high performance V8 going down the highway, the sound of a tractor trailer with open exhaust.
I live off of interstate 70 in Frederick MD and every Memorial Day I sit outside to listen to all the Harleys going down the highway.
You know I am one of the people that holds the door for people going in or out of places, I try to make sure I am not in anyone's way when standing in line. When I ride my sport bike on the track I have actually been told by the control riders to stop being so concerned about being in another riders way and enjoy my ride, I paid for my time also.
But, when it comes to the sound of my bikes it is my preference and it is one decision I am not going to let others make for me.
I don't try and wake people in the morning or just be down right rude with them but if you don't like them I am sorry but I like them, save lives or not!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
sportncruise
Road Captain

I ride dirtbikes and it just gets under my skin how many places to ride them has been taken away by whinny people complaining about the sound.
I have read a few cases where they came out to test the sound of the tracks and they weren't even as loud as the traffic on the interstate but because of 1 yes 1 complaint the track was shut down.
Majority doesn't always win in this Country and it is down right ridiculous.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

C'mon dude...this ain't a poll.
[ul][*]1st off everyone who puts aftermarket exhaust on their bike wants them to be heard.[*]Your "camps" break down into "A"- Are you considerate or "B"- Do you "inflict" your pipes every chance you get. I choose "A", but...see next point[*]Another very important point when it comes to loud pipes is that their are plenty of folks out there who don't care what camp you're in...they just want to take away your choice.[/ul]
-clutch-

[IMG]local://upfiles/10668/FF71CE9791954F5E89CDF08EFD67F73C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: sportncruise

I don't think my decision for loud pipes is so rash or arrogant as you make it out to be.
I happen to enjoy the sound of a jet flying overhead, a high performance V8 going down the highway, the sound of a tractor trailer with open exhaust.
I live off of interstate 70 in Frederick MD and every Memorial Day I sit outside to listen to all the Harleys going down the highway.
You know I am one of the people that holds the door for people going in or out of places, I try to make sure I am not in anyone's way when standing in line. When I ride my sport bike on the track I have actually been told by the control riders to stop being so concerned about being in another riders way and enjoy my ride, I paid for my time also.
But, when it comes to the sound of my bikes it is my preference and it is one decision I am not going to let others make for me.
I don't try and wake people in the morning or just be down right rude with them but if you don't like them I am sorry but I like them, save lives or not!
You're an "A" guy. The fact that you have consideration for others means you're in Group A, because the other guys don't give a crap about waking you in the morning. Group A guys like loud pipes to, but they use them resposibily.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: clutchglass

C'mon dude...this ain't a poll.
[ul][*]1st off everyone who puts aftermarket exhaust on their bike wants them to be heard.[*]Your "camps" break down into "A"- Are you considerate or "B"- Do you "inflict" your pipes every chance you get. I choose "A", but...see next point[*]Another very important point when it comes to loud pipes is that their are plenty of folks out there who don't care what camp you're in...they just want to take away your choice.[/ul]
-clutch-

[IMG]local://upfiles/10668/FF71CE9791954F5E89CDF08EFD67F73C.jpg[/IMG]
As hard as it is to beleive, there are bikers who really don't care. That's why the two groups, because even Group A likes loud pipes, but they are responsible and considerate. Check the poll for yourself, there's a surprising # of Group B bikers out there.

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!