General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!

ORIGINAL: kingk9

Not enough choices to vote my man. Seems sort of self serving.
Based on the responses, it seems to me people fall in to two basic groups, so there's no real need for another choice. People either feel they have a right to act how they want and those who understand how they act effects others. One group is more socially responsible than the other, that would be Group A. If you notice, this who thing seems to come down toindividual behavior, because even those in Group A run modified exhaust (myself included).

So what are you?

Old 01-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked group A. I have loud pipes but they are not sickning loud. I dont sit and rev my bike at stop lights andwhen I enter a neighborhood I dont go ***** to the wall. I have neighbors who dont have a bike that come in the neighborhood with thier little cars and the rap noise going and I dont complain because its none of my business, and I expect the same from them if I do so happen to get on it a little in front of thier house

Old 01-05-2008, 05:51 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: I did not vote >>

ORIGINAL: LowRyder

No vote here because it's a bogus poll. The world is not black and white. I didn't like either choice.
OMG I am a replying to anotherloud pipe thread.
What pushes my buttons? My neighbor with an ATV with the most obnoxious ring-E-ting-ting. He has to check the red linefirst thing in the morning waking me and everyone else up.
Oh, but it's NOT a motorcycle it's an ATV! I can fall asleep listening to the sweet sound of a twin-V but shudder at the mini-metric monsters.=) Lowryder
That would make your neighbor a GROUP B guy. "Hey, I'm doing my own thing man....if my ATV redlining at 7 o'clock in the morning bothers you then go buy a pair of earplugs." That's the Group B mentality. Group A guy wouldn't start his engine at 7 o'clock in the morning and start redlining his ATV...bike or whatever and wake up his neighbors. When I go for a ride early in the morning (6:00-6:30am) I push my bike out of my driveway to get as far away from the houses as possible so as not to wake anybody. I'm a Group A guy too.

Oh by the way...check the poll. Most people here are GROUP A, but there is a minority of GROUP B guys and they seem to be proud of it. It is they who I blame for the problem we now all face.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
HSdropout
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so.....what is the point... are you going to try to convert group B?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: woody johnson

so.....what is the point... are you going to try to convert group B?
Nope. Couldn't convert Group B, even if I wanted to.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Idiot
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted Group A but I don't have any problem w/ loud pipes. There's a time, place and manner for everything, including loud pipes. We live near a park and the issue we have with loud pipes is that in the summer there are a couple buttholes who like to cirlce the park after the bars close. It wakes our kids up. I don't see why they have to circle around and around at 2:30 am in an otherwise quiet residential neighborhood.

Summer afternoons, I'll hang out with my neighbor and drink in his garage. We sit in lawn chairs and wave to all the bikers, including the guys with the loud pipes. But that's daytime, not at night when most folks are sleeping.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:20 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

All rights carry responsibility. I think people have the right to have modified pipes provided they also exercise the restraint and responsibility to insure that their rights do no infringe on other people.

Most of the people I ride with, including myself,have modified pipes, and I would doubt that any of them would ever get a ticket for noise. They are responsible people that respect the rights of others.

Bill

Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 PM
ImYourHuckleberry
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dead on, just like his other thread. Either you agree completely with him and stand up for him while he acts 15 and insults anyone who disagrees, or you are in the bad guys group.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:34 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: billnourse

All rights carry responsibility. I think people have the right to have modified pipes provided they also exercise the restraint and responsibility to insure that their rights do no infringe on other people.

Most of the people I ride with, including myself,have modified pipes, and I would doubt that any of them would ever get a ticket for noise. They are responsible people that respect the rights of others.

Bill
Of course....you're Group A guys. It comes down to respecting others.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:38 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ImYrHklbry

Dead on, just like his other thread. Either you agree completely with him and stand up for him while he acts 15 and insults anyone who disagrees, or you are in the bad guys group.
I haven't insulted anybody. On the other hand several of you have made insults towards me because you don't like my post. If you don't like it don't read or respond to it. Simple as that.

Now since you seem to think there should be more than just the two choices, why don't you suggest something, instead of whining about it? What do you propose?

Quick Reply: LOUD PIPES POLL!! VOTE HERE!!