General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts
Default RE: How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)

ORIGINAL: hoosierhog88

Use the store credit, then take the stuff back the next day for a refund. After you have cash in hand, tell the dealer goodby forever.
I think that's a great idea. But my guess is they'll issue him another store credit. But it would be worth a try.

You are correct. The receipt will show that the newitems were paid for with a store credit & the return will go back on your account for a another store credit. The responses about using the credit & then return it for cash is not going to happen.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
GreeneyedT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth, I shot them an email. I had a rough start with my local dealership when I decided to buy a new bike. I walked in with my daughter and immediately found the bike that I was looking for. Getting help was another story. Being a woman dressed in business attire in that dealership, I was invisible. After wandering around trying to find someone in sales, I gave up & went to another dealership. Unfortunately, they didn't have what I was looking for, so I decided to try again the next day. I went back to the first dealer (again wearing business attire.) An older couple walked in behind me and were immediately greeted and offered assistance. They were interested in MY BIKE. I said "Hell No" and asked one of the girls behind the counter what it took to spend 20 grand in this store. I advised her that I'd been trying to 2 days to buy a bike & couldn't get any help. She could help either. I finally found a sales dude & I don't think that he took me seriously until I took out the checkbook & wrote the check for the bike. The bottom line is that money talks. If the dealer isn't listening, it will be his loss in the end.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to thank everyone for thier honest replies. Also thanks to everyone who sent an email to the dealer. Ufortunately I doubt it did any good. I had a hell of a time getting them to answer an email I sent them way before this happened. The funny thing was I was looking to spend some money in thier shop and they did not even bother to answer my mail.
Anyway I think I will order some new slip ons from Starved Rock Harley to use up my credit. I have to got to another local shop first so I can get a t-shirt before I go in to order my pipes.

Ride safe,
Later
Joe

[IMG]local://upfiles/43328/1C9BC62228B64325BF1FD2C0E8EB9D28.jpg[/IMG]