General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Black Lion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)

A check? Oh well, that makes more sense. I thought she used a chick to pay and the dude couldn't get her back.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:16 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You whine to much. It was past 30 days, at least you got credit.

And I am sure you sould have found something to buy at their store.

Stopping being a whiner.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimmers1817

Hard to understand the way some businesses operate. I'm always taking things back so I rarely will buy something from a store unless they have a liberal return policy. Home Depot and Lowes probably have a file with my picture on it. But sometimes you don't have any choice and you take your chances.
You are the reason stores hate returns. It cost money to process return you know.

Can't you buy the item right the first time?

Ever hear of research?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

The store policy re. returns needs to be posted or at the very least avaliable in written form so it can be reviewed by people who are making a purchase where a return is a posiability....or just for any customer to see. If the rules are written down and readially avaliable or visable from the counter, I would say you got to suck it up and just accept the store credit.

If the regs for returns are not written down or visable, I would get real pissed (not that it would do any good) and who knows then what I would do next. Around here in the NYC Metro area we have so many HD Dealers and independent shops, that each one of them knows all too well that they are not the only game in town, and if they want to get you in the door and keep you as a customer, they have to "do the right thing" by YOU the customer. My home base local dealer goes beyond what I would concider fair to work with customers....and if you have developed a relationship over a period of a few years, and they know your a knowledgable (knowing that you can buy stuff on line for less than their sale price sometimes, and always buy at 20% off from places like Chicogo, or Zanotties) repete customer....or is for the most part normal and not some sort of cry baby, or trouble maker......this dealer will always do whatever thay need to do to make you happy again....as long as it dont involve banging down the motorclothes chicks three at a time in the dressing room.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:35 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Report them to the Better Business Bureau and the local chamber of commerce. That will do more than word of mouth to inform people of their business practices.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kolni,

Just to make something clear to you..... I was not whinning, I just thought it was bad buisness the way it was handled.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
nomaster
Advanced

Do they give a new reciept for the items you purchased with store credit? Why not buy something else and then return it? I know it's a shitty way to be but as far as I'm concerned turnabout is fair play.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I think they should be a little more flexable at Christmas. It will come back on them in time.

[/align]

Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
azhole
Road Master

I'd see if I could pay for someone elses work on their bike for their cash. Then they get theirs and you get yours.

It is sticky situation whena gift doesn't work out, and a restock fee is usually what they offer, but I suppose 400 or 500 bucks was more than they wanted to part with.

As to the whining accusations, I say **** that loudmouth. He may have some friends, and juice on this forum but that was uncalled for. Now he has another reason to pad his post count.

The closest dealership to me is the one in town I hate the most. We have about 7 dealerships across the valley, and I don't hate any of them but the one in my area.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You're doing the right thing, let all your friends, neighbors and relatives know. I don't think you're whining like some klowns do. Best advertising is word of mouth. Worst advertising is word of mouth. Customer NON-Service seems to be a common thread for some stealerships. We have one of them up here in the Twin Cities. But we also have 2 other ones who are just GREAT. Make the CHOICE to take your $$$ elsewhere. What goes 'round, comes 'round.

Quick Reply: How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)