General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)

Yeah, I"ve been to that store, I'll do as someone else suggested and fire off an email letting them know I think that's a **** poor way to do business and they no longer have mine.

I always believe in voting with your feet, or your wallet.

j

Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
streetboob
Road Warrior

Definitely take your business elsewhere from hereon, but not before writing the owner a nice letter as to where and why you are doing business elsewhere.

Don't bother writing HD. They will just tell you their dealers are independent and can do what they want. I tried...

That being said, it is hard as hell to find a dealer that will treat you right. I have only found a few in the last 15 years all up and down the east coast. I don't bother with my local dealer. I have an indy shop that is great. Even gives 10% off HD merchandise.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

In a business of any sort, including mine which is a pharmacy, I can make my own policy. Buy in chain & franchise businesses, they all usually have a policy they have to adhere to, but can be at the disgression of the manager what to do in your case.. If it had been me, I would have happily given you the money back, because you would have been happy, & in the long run I would have gotten my money back several times over since I would have felt confident tnext time you needed something for your bike, you would have come back to me, time after time. I bend over backwards to satisfy a customer, I don't like losing them.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sent my email to them. Hope it's the right one, Ottawa.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm firing off a email to those a-holes and stating to them though I live in NY, I will tell everyone I come across in every capacity I can both privately and professionally that they are liars and you're treated like garbage there even after buying a bike there. This is incredible to be treated like that.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

e-mail sent yb I'm north of ya at the state line .

Some nice riding around that area , I'll make a point of not doing business with ottowa HD.

staff@starvedrockhd.com ( copy & paste not a link )

Old 01-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Sarge 154
Road Captain

That is really crappy.It is amazing how some of these dealerships forget they are selling costly high end motorcycles and not a bargain store selling duct tape and cheetos. The only thing you can really do is remind them that they have competition and that not only will you be going somewhere else from now on, but you will be spreading the word to your fellow bikers to do business elsewhere. Take care.

Bill

Old 01-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support. The funniest thing about it is I probably would have spent half the money returned to me in the store anyway. I just wanted enough back to pay for the other jacket I got from a leather shop. Just FYI it is Starved Rock Harley in Ottawa. Oh well as soon as the store credit is used up I guess I will be looking for another shop to do buisness in.......

Later,
Joe

Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer

...In the end man...They'll get it in the end! wh' goes round comes around..

Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ybnormal67

Hey all,
Just wanted some opinions on how you would have handled this situation.............
The wife wanting to suprise me for Christams went to the local dealer and purchased a leather jacket with out me knowing about it. I get on Christmas try it on and come to find out don't like the way it fits. I take it back and try on almost every other jacket they have on the rack and they all fit me the same crappy.....I tell the sales counter I can't find anything on the rack I like and I'll be back ina week or so to see if they have any new stock.A week goes by and I take the jacket in still can't find one I like and I am told I have to wait 10 days before I can return the jacket for a refund due to my wife paying by check. I understand everything is cool up to this point.......I go in today and I am at the point I just want my money back cause I found a place that sells awesome jackets that fit the way I like for about 250 cheaper than the stealer. Anyway I go to the counter and the sales person say she will have to talk to the owner due to not having enough cash in the drawer they will have to cut me a check.........She comes back and says I have good news and bad...We will take the jacket back and give you store credit or exchange for other merchandise but no refund. I talked to the owner of the store and she tells me it is store policy no cash refund after 30 days. Well she said the purchace date was when my wife started the lay a way ( Nov 1 st ). I thought a purchase was not completed until you pay in full and take it home. Anyway we argure about what it says on the sales slip ( absolutely nothing about lay a ways ) I get upset and end up getting the store credit. I had no choice. I am way p#ssed off now. She was the owner and could have changed the policy for my situation but chose treat me like an idiot. Heres my thinking I spend $ 16,000 on a bike in your store ask for a little help in returningan item that I do not want and get treated like a dog. Well I just decided that I will be going to a different shop to make my purchases from now on..

Starved Rock Harley, Illinois.........................watch your wallet.................

Thoughts on this????????????????????????
Not to pick on your wife but who the hell uses checks anymore?

Sorry for the bad attitude the shop gave you. Like others have said, get some chrome, let them know you won't be back and call it a day.

S/F

Quick Reply: How would you handle this???? ( kinda long)