Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTV True Life Casting

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MTV True Life Casting

I think the point everybody is trying to make is that once the letters MTV were stated the whole idea went sour...
Have you sat down and watched MTV lately? I can definitely say that if I had kids, that channel would be BLOCKED.
If the documentary was being made for a more upstanding channel such as Discovery channel or TLC, National Geographic, hell, maybe even VH1I'm sure people would be more inclined to watch and participate... But MTV?

I commend you for your efforts to educate the younger generations Dynamike. Good luck with that. And by the way I'm alot younger than you think....

Old 01-04-2008, 12:42 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

I think the point everybody is trying to make is that once the letters MTV were stated the whole idea went sour...
Have you sat down and watched MTV lately? I can definitely say that if I had kids, that channel would be BLOCKED.
If the documentary was being made for a more upstanding channel such as Discovery channel or TLC, National Geographic, hell, maybe even VH1I'm sure people would be more inclined to watch and participate... But MTV?
I know, I have similar problems with MTV. However, they have the market cornered on a certain segment of America. Advertisers know this. That's why MTV is still making money.

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

I commend you for your efforts to educate the younger generations Dynamike. Good luck with that. And by the way I'm alot younger than you think....
Thanks! And, oh, just because your birth certificate shows one age, your mileage may show another. Judging from your previous posts, I thought you had a few miles on you. If that's not the case, I'm sorry for offending.

If that is the case, then embrace who you are. You don't get to be in the spot you are (lots of mileage) without some wisdom. Be proud of that

Mike

Old 01-04-2008, 01:03 PM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what theyoutta do isfollow a crew that hits Daytona...pick em up from they start ( say in NY ) and follow em down there n back....

...and since they don't pay, if they can "comp" with drinks and lap dances, I'm there! - c'mon - its only "Travel & Entertainment" expense for em anyways.....and that'll make for some serious entertainment!

lemme know - no charge for the consult!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dynamike,

No need for apologies here. There was no offense taken. I actually takeyour milage statement as a compliment.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:43 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Thats it...I will never goto Daytona again...**** I wish I was born 20 years earlier...Daytona is now MTV???!?!?!? WTF? Commercial, corporate...land of RUBS
It's not Daytona's fault! If anything you should hate me for being affiliated with them[:@] My intentions are good though. I am trying to use this opportunity to educate a sector of the public that wouldn't otherwise get it.
Why the hell do you feel that that sector needs educated?? They do not get now, they are never gonna get it. It is a biker thing and for bikers to get away from that sector...that sector has alot of folks that own bikes but, do not know really what it is about. To do it on MTV and the folks that MTV caters to is gonna wash Daytona, even more than it already is, with the sector folks that are gonna ruin it for the folks that get it, have gotten it...etc. I ain't mad at anybody or anything...Just the way things are now..everything is overblown, commercialized then, pc'd to **** and ruined and not what it was started on. I had already enough of Daytona before this thread...we had no plans on goin this year.. Hope it works out for ya...Gonna be interesting seeing these "newbies" riding from like northern Il. to Daytona at the end of Feb!! Gonna have to find some folks in the south or, SW where is is not too cold Might be hard to find a TRUE oldschooler that would even consider doin something for MTV

Old 01-04-2008, 06:02 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

Thats it...I will never goto Daytona again...**** I wish I was born 20 years earlier...Daytona is now MTV???!?!?!? WTF? Commercial, corporate...land of RUBS
It's not Daytona's fault! If anything you should hate me for being affiliated with them[:@] My intentions are good though. I am trying to use this opportunity to educate a sector of the public that wouldn't otherwise get it.
Why the hell do you feel that that sector needs educated?? They do not get now, they are never gonna get it. It is a biker thing and for bikers to get away from that sector...that sector has alot of folks that own bikes but, do not know really what it is about. To do it on MTV and the folks that MTV caters to is gonna wash Daytona, even more than it already is, with the sector folks that are gonna ruin it for the folks that get it, have gotten it...etc. I ain't mad at anybody or anything...Just the way things are now..everything is overblown, commercialized then, pc'd to **** and ruined and not what it was started on. I had already enough of Daytona before this thread...we had no plans on goin this year.. Hope it works out for ya...Gonna be interesting seeing these "newbies" riding from like northern Il. to Daytona at the end of Feb!! Gonna have to find some folks in the south or, SW where is is not too cold Might be hard to find a TRUE oldschooler that would even consider doin something for MTV
It's turning out to be a lot harder just to find people at all!

Understanding and appreciating are different. I would just like to give some people the chance to understand us. They don't have to appreciate us, just understand.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I do not think it hurt the rally too bad!! I do not think all the sudden the 500,000 folks that already go there are all the sudden gonna stop going And it has over commercialized on it's own to this point...

Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
kwoozn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kwoozn

Cool!!
More reality tv!
NOT!!!
[sm=forgetit.gif]
A documentary is not reality TV.

Reality television is a genre of television programming which presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and features ordinary people instead of professional actors.
1st, they are looking for an attractive female that is going to Bikeweek in the hopes of meeting a cute motorcyclists to spend some quality time with riding and other activities
Seems to fit the definition of reality TV to me?!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master

I know, I have similar problems with MTV. However, they have the market cornered on a certain segment of America.
Yeah, they have the market cornered on stupidity and idiocy.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master

Understanding and appreciating are different. I would just like to give some people the chance to understand us. They don't have to appreciate us, just understand.

Those that know me understand me. I don't really care if anyone else does.

Quick Reply: MTV True Life Casting