General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera vs Saddleman (gell seats)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 02:14 AM
Harley Al
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LePera vs Saddleman (gell seats)

I would like some input on this! First of all, I bought a Badlander seat from the stealer and was going to get it gell filled by Saddleman for a 2006 FXST because I liked the look of the Badlander and had one on my 2000 FXD...so I orderd a seat from my local you know who!
It came with the mounting holes drilled about 3/8 to 1/2 inch off center for the rear mounting bracket sooooooooo I refused it! and it took 2 more times trying to get one right, with no luck so I got my money back! and they see the problem on NEW bikes comming in also. So I am asking about the two seats as far as Gell Filled...I know there are lots of gell seats out there!
LePera states that it will take time to break in the seat....my A** is already broken in! and tired of hard seats.
I would like any help on this and..... Thank's in advance

If... they look like they have been run hard and put away wet!
Keep Going....and enjoy the ride!

Old 01-08-2006, 03:20 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: LePera vs Saddleman (gell seats)

I got a Saddlemen Renagade 1 gel seat for my 05 Springer Classic and it’s the best thing I’ve put on the bike yet. I used to have a hard time going any longer then 45 min. to an hour before I would have to stop and walk around because my tailbone hurt so bad. After I got the gel seat it helped a lot, I ran one 500mi day and several 400mi day’s with no problems. Buy the end of those though I was stopping every hour or so because I was starting to getting stiff in the knee’s.

Name:  seat2.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  47.1 KB

Old 01-08-2006, 03:59 AM
msheldon
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: JB

I got a Saddlemen Renagade 1 gel seat for my 05 Springer Classic and it’s the best thing I’ve put on the bike yet.
Interesting. I really like the way your seat looks, especially since I have an '05 Springer Classic also. Too bad Saddlemen's site sucks so badly. It pops up meaningless login messages, doesn't list anything for the newer bikes, and doesn't list prices, which is *really* a pet peeve of mine. They really should decide if they actually want to sell their product or not.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Harley Al
Road Captain

Thanks, Guys
Its A Saddleman seat for me! I have called them, and they had to change the bucket / pan for the 2006 wide rear and told me it will be ready on the first of Feb for ordering one.
Cookie is the guy I spoke with, very nice and understanding about lower back pain.
So he is going to make a small pad in my tailbone area to help the problem.....I can't ask for anything more than that.

Ride safe and for a long time!

Old 01-09-2006, 01:25 AM
NiteTrain05
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a Saddlemans seat on my NiteTrain and it is amazingly comfortable. I originally got it just for the comfortable passenger seat so my wife would want to ride too. I really like the look of the stock badlander, but if I'm riding more then 5 miles I switch it out for that comfy saddlemans. I also dealt with Cookie from Saddlemans and would highly recomend them.
Chuck

Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 AM
zeamic
Novice

Saddleman makes a good seat. I've had a few of them and can't find fault with comfort or craftsmanship either.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Harley Al
Road Captain

Thanks, Chuck and all the rest of you guy's I do respect your response, Its a Saddleman for me!

Ride Safe

Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 PM
scratch
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear all this b/c I've been wanting to put a Saddleman seat on my Sporty, but my H had some Saddleman saddlebags & the quality was terrible. They weren't durable at all....sounds like Saddlemen is better at making seats than bags...

Old 08-21-2006, 02:54 AM
jimv27
Novice

JB....where did you get the seat?? How much?? My springer classic seat is so un-comforatable......thanks

ORIGINAL: JB

I got a Saddlemen Renagade 1 gel seat for my 05 Springer Classic and it’s the best thing I’ve put on the bike yet. I used to have a hard time going any longer then 45 min. to an hour before I would have to stop and walk around because my tailbone hurt so bad. After I got the gel seat it helped a lot, I ran one 500mi day and several 400mi day’s with no problems. Buy the end of those though I was stopping every hour or so because I was starting to getting stiff in the knee’s.

Old 08-21-2006, 03:29 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a King Cobra LePera without saddle gel. My bike is lowered 3" on "poor man's" hardware, this is with White Brothers extensions. I'm 6'3" and over 225 lbs... Don't even ask...

Regards.

Quick Reply: LePera vs Saddleman (gell seats)