General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet Protest Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Helmet Protest Ride

ORIGINAL: Jeffman

ORIGINAL: Grover

Sad to say, HD Attitude and FATJOEBOB are the same guy and both ID's have been banned.
Grover wasn't aware that this problem was resolved prior to this. I ,HD Attitude and FatJoeBob are not the same. We however do have the same IP address. In fact, Five in all that are on this site have the same IP address. We have one router at the shop. FatJoe Bob works in the warehouse as a mechanic. I thought it was obvious from the two distinct personalities, that everyone could tell. I have no control or idea he's even on line until I see one of His post .Once again I apologize to Grover for the mix up.
Well, maybe the five of you ought to log off and get back to work. Your lack of productivity is costing me money in the form of a weak economy. Perhaps we could get a law passedlimiting internet use in the workplace so that your bad choices don't continue to affect me.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Jeffman
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peekaboo Bob

ORIGINAL: Grover

Sad to say, HD Attitude and FATJOEBOB are the same guy and both ID's have been banned.
Grover wasn't aware that this problem was resolved prior to this. I ,HD Attitude and FatJoeBob are not the same. We however do have the same IP address. In fact, Five in all that are on this site have the same IP address. We have one router at the shop. FatJoe Bob works in the warehouse as a mechanic. I thought it was obvious from the two distinct personalities, that everyone could tell. I have no control or idea he's even on line until I see one of His post .Once again I apologize to Grover for the mix up.
Well, maybe the five of you ought to log off and get back to work. Your lack of productivity is costing me money in the form of a weak economy. Perhaps we could get a law passedlimiting internet use in the workplace so that your bad choices don't continue to affect me.
WTF ???????? Who is this ? Is this you Mark ? Didn't know you were on HD Forum.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 856 Likes on 297 Posts

Bwhahahaha! LMAOF.... Thereseemed to be alot of flatulance....Its smelling better in here already.

For me I am pro-Choice on helmets, even if it costs others their very ownheads down the road.... We spend more money on illegal Aliens Medicalneeds in this Country, City, and Communities, straight out of our pockets then bikers will ever begin to cost society for not wearing helmets....
Just look at the high price of Medical....It tells the story!

To bad the Governments cannot find the time to enforce those laws we have....Probably not enough revenue to get out ofit, for them tobe motivatedto actuallyenforce it. So there ignoring that one!

So yes, Goverment prioritiesare organized like a bag on confetti in this Country right now. Requiring helmets should be on the very low list of making America a better place. IMHO

[/quote]

Old 01-05-2008, 11:39 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I ,HD Attitude and FatJoeBob are not the same.
So just to be clear,

Is Jeffman the new forum name for HDAttitude? or are we talking about 3 different people as in Jeffman, HDAttitude, and FatJoeBob.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Donnylee

Bwhahahaha! LMAOF.... Thereseemed to be alot of flatulance....Its smelling better in here already.

For me I am pro-Choice on helmets, even if it costs others their very ownheads down the road.... We spend more money on illegal Aliens Medicalneeds in this Country, City, and Communities, straight out of our pockets then bikers will ever begin to cost society for not wearing helmets....
Just look at the high price of Medical....It tells the story!

To bad the Governments cannot find the time to enforce those laws we have....Probably not enough revenue to get out ofit, for them tobe motivatedto actuallyenforce it. So there ignoring that one!

So yes, Goverment prioritiesare organized like a bag on confetti in this Country right now. Requiring helmets should be on the very low list of making America a better place. IMHO
While there are many other things draining medicade and social security, I don't think that makes for a good argument against helmet laws. I lean towards a libertarian point of view on most subjects, believing that if something I'm doing isn't hurting someone else, it's my business.

With the wearing of helmets in particular, I felt that if someone had insurance and others didn't have to pay for their head injuries, then they should'nt have to wear one.But after doing some research on the subject I realize that there isn't a policy big enough to cover the long term care and rehabilitation for a catastrophic head injury. We could be talking about years, maybe a lifetime of around the clock care.This would take millions of dollars.What insurance company would insure anyone for that much and if they could, who could afford it. In fact, I'm surprised insurance companies even offer insurance to helmetless riders. I have a friend who flies helicopters. No insurance company will insure him.

Yes, we might be killed outright and this would be a moot argument. But oftentimes we and our families don't getoff that easy. Society has to pay for the medical care. And our families have to suffer as they visitour bedside for years, possibly decades. I had an uncle who was brain damaged and he had to be institutionalized. He no longer recognized his own parents or kids and he had the mentality of a 5 year old. He lived like this for over 30years before choking to death on his own mattress stuffing. Who, simply in the name of personal freedom, would want to subject their family to this?. Is it really worth the risk?