General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Deuce - why was it discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Deuce - why was it discontinued?

Bought my 04 Deuce 3 months ago. My first Harley after an absence of 26 years of not riding. What impressed me on first look. 1. The bike was a perfect fit for my 5'8" frame. 2. Lots of chrome and the V&H Shortshots.3. Vivid Black color.4. Fuel Injection. 5 Itis very smooth running and it gets over 50mpg on the road at 65-70mph. Ithas had nothing done to the engine. No fuel management upgrade. Iwas also at the dealers drooling over a 2007 Softtail Custom (red). Told the dealer I would make a decision by the next morning. Well, things happen and the next morningI came upon the Deuce for saleat a local Indy and the rest is history. I saved about $12000.00 by not buying the Softtail and ended up with a great lookingbike. I never once thought about the rear fender being ugly until I read comments on this forum about it. I still don't think it is ugly andin three months of riding it around I get compliments all the time on how nice it looks. I am sure I would have been happy with the Softtail Custom but I had a lot more money to upgrade the Deuce and make it look even better.

Only other Harley I would consider buyingis an Electra Glide Ultra with ABS.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never like the rear fender all that much either....I removed the license plate bracket that came way down too far, and relocated it to a verticle side mount. Since my Deuce is a CVO Screamin Eagle model it has already been lowered, and now the *** end looks a bit mor cool....well more original if nothing else. You can see the changes I made in these pics.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 PM
FLGATOR
Novice

Biz44 I think the SE deuce That you have is one of the best looking bikes made. I hope to find one at a good price one day. Went and looked at one at Bruce Rossmeyers in Daytona They want $19,000. Thought that was a little high. Is it just me or does that guy seem to like his name and pictures of himself a little to much?

Old 12-31-2007, 09:43 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was at the dealer last April looking to buy a new bike. I really did'nt want or need a bagger for the type of riding I mostly do, which as it turned out was a good thing, because with my bad back, I actually could not push the EG Classic I was looking at off the kickstand. I had a '72 EG which was no problem, but I was a hell of a lot younger then. I either rode or sat on every bike H-D makes looking mainly for good back support, which was my priority.I had always liked the looks of the Deuce ever since it came out in 2000, but after I rode it, I was sold. This bike forces my back into that deep seat right in my lumbar region, which is what I needed & was the icing on the cake. I can ride all day with no problem. If the Rocker is the replacment for the Deuce, they can have it. No way my back could handle that seat, plus I like the shotguns better than the staggered duals. Sad the Deuce did'nt sell well, but glad I got mine before it was DC.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25421/659D7BBC24524CEC86A309F61203C9C9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2007, 09:47 PM
gaTYr
Novice

It's great... to be...

Old 12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
stile45
Cruiser

The Duece was my first Harley after 20 plus years of no bike . I loved the look , but no enough comfort for mama and me . She helped me pick it out , but Road King is the way for us now and I havent looked back. If I gould afford two I would still own it today.