General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Me A New Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:05 PM
bsps1111
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got Me A New Jacket

I have a Harley leather jacket but no longer wear it. It is heavy, bulky, not that warm and keeps trying to mold here in Florida. I went to the medium weight microfiber jackets and the full zip fleece sweater/jackets. The microfiber jackets are completely windproof and very water resistant and keep me warm by themselves down to about 60. Below that put the fleece underneath and I ride comfortably into the 40's. Both can be folded / rolled into very small packages without any harm. And they are machine washable.You can find the fleece itemsfor around $20 and nicemicrofiberjackets at all the major retailers for around $40. Just make sure themicrofiber jacket has an outerflap covering the zipper.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Kevinc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...I must of missed something. I love my HD jacket. No apologies.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 AM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kevinc

Wow...I must of missed something. I love my HD jacket. No apologies.
I got a Harley jacket too. I really like it. It only has a tiny logo on it, but if it had a giant one, I'd still wear it, cause it's a good jacket. I don't think I paid too much for it either.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To each their own. I gave reasons why I don't buy HD merch like jackets and the rest of you gave reasons why you do. I respect that. Please respect my decision to not wear a Harley logo on my back.

Now, with that being said, I do own several HD t-shirts and HD's Stock Mesh Jacket. I have the t-shirts from dealerships that I or my family/friends have visited (that are far from home). I have the mesh jacket because it's the best warm weather jacket I could find. I even bought one for my brother.

I'm not going to diss you for wearing an HD logo on your back, front, or even having a tattoo. Don't diss me for not wearing an HD logo.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Black Lion
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a nice leather harley vest and the patches are pretty small, but I don't wear it much. I don't have a leather coat cause I just don't want to pay for it. Although I really do need to get one for safety sakes. I used to have all that stuff that made me look like I was a "real biker" but have since just stayed away from all that crap. I don't wear anything like that now. No harley T's. No dew rag. I find T's that have other cool stuff on them like, "Body piercing by Ruger". I don't care what anyone else wears cause my main drain is just ridin.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel the same way, and always have...but to each there own I guess. [&:]
ORIGINAL: HeatherC

Oh good lord! It cracks me up that no matter what thread about jackets you get the "I won't wear a Harley Jacket" crowd. I wear a harley jacket. I spent $12,000 on a bike becuase it was a Harley....what's wrong with wearing a Harley jacket. It's okay....I don't expect any of you to ride with me so as you won't be embarrassed by my Harley logo. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Nice jacket Mike.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:58 AM
txgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Jacket - I have a traditional biker style jacket made by First Gear. It's heavy, armored and it's over 10 years old now. They make great jackets although mine is a little tight....(must have shrunk in 10 years).Funny thing was when purchased I had to buy it at a Honda shop. I was in a cage and asked if they had it. The guy says yeah but we don't sell many, just to those Harley dudes.

Also recently bought a Meteor by Joe Rocket for the warmer temps. I do admit to yanking the JR logos off of it. It's more for the sport bike types but I didn't care because it fit, was priced right and also had armor. The older I get, the more I like armor.

I generally don't consider the HD stuff due to price. I like the styling and the quality but have found most of the time you can find something similar or betterfor less. As for what brand you might wear, who gives a chit?? If it keeps you warm, safe or looking good if thats what you are after- what ever floats your boat.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Beancount1
Tourer

ORIGINAL: wideglidebob

i won`t even buy a harley t-shirt why would i buy a leather jacket from them as stated above when they start paying me, when i buy a new car i immediatley take off the lic frames
Me too........and Ireplace them withHarley license plate frames!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:34 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

To each their own. I gave reasons why I don't buy HD merch like jackets and the rest of you gave reasons why you do. I respect that. Please respect my decision to not wear a Harley logo on my back.

Now, with that being said, I do own several HD t-shirts and HD's Stock Mesh Jacket. I have the t-shirts from dealerships that I or my family/friends have visited (that are far from home). I have the mesh jacket because it's the best warm weather jacket I could find. I even bought one for my brother.

I'm not going to diss you for wearing an HD logo on your back, front, or even having a tattoo. Don't diss me for not wearing an HD logo.
Not dissing you for not wearing one Mike. If you found a nice jacket that is not harley that you like then good for you! I'm generally bitching about the people who in any thread about jackets have to come in and say they don't wear anything Harley becuase they arn't gonna advertize blah, blah, blah. Guess their bikes aren't advertising for HD either. It's just ridiculous and I guess I'm just sick of hearing it.

Sorry for the hijack Mike! I do like your new jacket.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Blackhawk
Advanced

I don't understand the "I won't wear a Harley jacket" comments either. I could understand it if thestuff was crap, but it isn't.I've just bought some FXRG gear and I think the quality is very good. In fact I've just come back from a ride today, it was around 45 degrees and I only needed to wear a tee shirt under my jacket.If you think Harley gear is expensive in the States, bear a thought for us Harley riders in the UK. Ifyou doublethe price of your motorcyclegear in the USand that's how much we pay in the UK. That's why I buy most of my stuff from the US - even with import taxes it's way cheaper. You guys don't realise how lucky you are when it comes to getting value for your $.

Quick Reply: Got Me A New Jacket