General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pig Snot

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts
Default RE: Pig Snot

I detailed my bike this morning & the pig snot went on & came off easily. Looks really nice so I'll see how long it last. I used it on the chrome too & it shined like new. I was very happy until the rag snagged on my outer primary cover & I noticed a big chunk of chrome lifting up & then another piece both in the front portion between 2 screws. Well, I motored down to HD, got a nice discount on a new one after telling the dealer my story &I installed it on the bike. I picked up the defective primary cover on ebay on the cheap (100.00 with a slight scratch) so I guess I'm out of luck for a warranty. Oh well.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:05 PM
nutmagnet
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another can of rustoleum works real well,but would probably be offensive at a dealer parking lot.GuessI`ll continue to avoid them.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I now use pig snot but before it i used liquid glass I use liquid glass on all the rest of my vehicles

Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I use Pig Snot was exclusively on both paint and chrome. It'll definitely protect against that unexpected gasoline spill and it's easy to apply and remove.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Phos
1st Gear

I have used plenty of products on my Man Machines and nothing will touch it but Pig Snot. I used to Use Mothers and S100. Neither of these could touch Pig Snot. It protected best b/c of the High Percent of Teflon in the wax. This was a plus for the gas spills and bugs. After I took a long ride through Florida, it was piled up with bugs. When I went to clean it, the bugs came right off. Itdid not reach the paint and that was great. I liked that it went on smooth and came off the same way and did not contain cleaners to harm the paint. The detailer was great when I went to Bike Week in Daytona and I pulled out the detailer and it gave it that new wax look. It was perfect. The Cleaner worked well and another guy was right you have to watch it on Aluminum parts. It is an acid base so with any cleaner you have to make sure you clean it properly. Also don't forget to clean your bike when it is cold!!That's a MUST!! The only problem is that it was hard to get it sometimes b/c not all stores carried it yet..I just ended up ordering off the online site at PIGSNOT.COM. They have new bottles for you who had the Cans. Its now a squeeze bottle which is a great thing that they chanced. I hated trying to get it out of that stupid can. They just came out with Pins. I picked one up with my order and looks great on my vest! I just have to say that this product is the best for me. I use it on my bike, car, and my boat!! For anybody who wants to try it or find out more from the source, look at there web site. Ride Safe everybody and have a great New Year!![/align]

Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

I've heard good things about Pig Snot, but it's hard to find in stores. I use Zaino and Plexus.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:28 PM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tda69

One product that really does stand out and works wonderfully is Pig Spit. If you haven't tried it yet on your black motor...you are really going to be impressed.
Ditto on the Pig Spit also but unfortuantely it is contraband here in California. So when you spot 1 on the shelf you just have to grab it no matter what the cost. I forgot to look for it last time I was in Las Vegas so that wil be on my shopping list next time.

Pig spit is great because you can use it on everything on the bike from Paint, to chrome and and engine black.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Phos
1st Gear

you can pick up PigSpit from www.pigsnot.com also. I just got some and they have a sale on it now for 2 or more cans you can get it for 10 plus shipping. I am sure they ship to to the west! They just got a new formula on the metal polish and that stuff is great!! The other was really good but this one i got was different. Still works really good. I had a boot burn on the pipe and you know how hard that is to get off!! and the metal polish took it off and did not scratch the finish. Mothers can scratch the polish b/c it has some fine grit in it. I was looking at the website and in the picture part of the site they have pics of bikes and dealers that use pig snot and they have a Lamborghini shop that uses it on all its models. That tells me enough!! Well it says that anyway!!