General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog membership dues

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:33 AM
kalamitty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hog membership dues

can anyone tell me where all the money hog gets ,goes to as it does'nt seem to get back to the members for me to be in the local chapter i have to join hog plus the wife has to join as a associate member, apart from some mags what other benefits, as i don't attend rallies/shows. someone is making a lot of bucks.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:43 AM
DragonsBreath
Cruiser
Default RE: hog membership dues

Let see there is all the pins and patches they give away for the different stuff like Mileage Contest, ABC Picture Contest and all the pin stop rallies. There is the Road Side assistance program. And if you take a MSF course they will refund you up to $50.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:30 PM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Local H.O.G. informed me that with me doing the PG and not attending any rallies that I would probaly not see much in return other than a few rides here and there so I still dont know what I am going to do either.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

The roadside assistance plan is the only reasonI'm a HOG member. I have no interest in joininga chapter. Too political.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

HOG sounds to me like the same thing as when I was in a local Antique Car club. You pay your "dues", pay your own gas on cruises, pay for your own food at meeting, events, etc.
The rest of the money gets "donated" to someone else's favorite charity.
When you do another "club's cruise-in" you pay for that too so I QUIT paying.
I go to the cruises and park outside as the cruise is usually no charge to come visit and see old cars. This way I don't have some jerks kid climbing all over my running boards and smearing their greasy little fingers all over the fenders or sitting in the driver seat jambing the floor shift lever and jerking on the steering wheel.
I do NOT belong to any "biker" club either for the same reasons.
Why do you want to pay to let someone look at your bike when you can do that for FREE. Just ride it.
[/align]

Old 12-23-2007, 02:01 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not enough payback other than the recovery service.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:53 PM
03ultra100th
Cruiser

I was given the complimentary HOG membership when I bought my first new bike. Tried to attend a few meetings but found out right off the bat the following:
1) newbies don't count for much
2) very "clickish"
3) seems like a lot of the activities are designed to benefit the dealership, not the group as a whole
4) meeting dates/timesset around the top few "officers" and are set in stone, making it difficult for us working people to make them
5) very "clickish", oh said that, but it really is!
6) like others have said, too much political crap
I did not renew my membership, just kept the national one. Am not too impressed with it, either. Last year my wife sent our renewals in together. HOG credited my membership but not hers. When I called, they could not account for the other money. Told me I would have to prove her dues were sent by giving them a copy of the check. Put all the burden on me. Told them they screwed up, the guy said he didn't have time to waste on me. I sent a copy of the check, received no apology or thank you or kiss my ***, so don't think we will re-up next year. I only have it for the road service and I like the HOG tales and other mag, but they are also going downhill. The new editor of one of the magazines has never owned a bike before! I know we all have to start somewhere so Ithought I'd see what the mag does. Not too impressed, but just my 2 cents. I guess you have to decide for yourself if you want to be a member and put up with the stuff you see and not worry about greasing the dealers image.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:00 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But where do the money go????????????[8D]

Old 12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,195 Likes on 1,827 Posts

In somones pocket???????????

Old 12-23-2007, 04:00 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't renew my national membership, and now once a month for the last 7 months they have sent me a last chance to register letter. They even offered me a limited edition doorag lol. Leave me alone already, save your paper, I don't to join your stupid club.

Quick Reply: hog membership dues