Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DONT BUY FRM THIS GUY ON EBAY!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 08:17 AM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: DONT BUY FRM THIS GUY ON EBAY!!!!!!

Do a search for americanclassicmotors on here and you will really see how big of an A$$ he is. If I had a dollar for every complaint about him on here, I could buy myself some really nice bling for the bike. I feel you pain, the jack a$$ screwed me to. I made a complaint with ebay and it was a waste of time. Bryan

Old 12-22-2007, 08:24 AM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He never apologizes for his screw ups.....I even just asked for him to apologize for it and he just responded rudely......
So the more that dont buy from him the better I feel.....

Old 12-22-2007, 08:55 AM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've never had a problem with them. i also recognize some have, so the price has to be quite a bit better than othersfor me to buy from him.....thing is,it usually is. if it's something i absolutely can't wait for, i'll probably go with someone else.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:08 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

He isa weenie. That's what I heard.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:50 AM
spacelord
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased the pipes for my Night Rod from him. They sent me the wrong pipes twice before sending the ones I ordered. They were really easy to deal with during and very apologetic. It was winter so I wasn't really inconvenienced. But it was aggravating. After that I wasn't going to patronize again. Problem is they really are less expensive than anyone else I have found. I think I have made three more purchases since. with no problems except for some less than optimal communication. Sorry you had so much trouble.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Roofuss96
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rarely do I buy bike parts or accessories online. Usually I look over the ebay listings for a particular part I'm after as far as price { with shipping, etc.} and ask my local "indy " if he can come close to that particular price on the item {usually he's only a few bucks higher } and if he's reasonably close , I get the part thru him. Yeah, I do pay sales tax { but no shipping so it evens out somewhat } and I keep the money local and help him in the process. He's cool with it, and so am I, thats what counts . He got me an I.D.S new ,and pressed on the bearing for $218.00 and it only took 2 days to get it.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-22-2007, 12:38 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought from both ACM and eastern, and never had a problem with either one of them. Yes....like most given the choice I would use eastern....I think they are in Pa., and I am in NJ, so they are closer....less shipping....same price, faster service=no brainer.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:43 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry here about the experience you had with ACM. I spend several thousands of Dollars with him and never an issue. I hope everything works out.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had very good luck with Americanclassicmotors myself. Prompt curtious replys to questions and no problems with items received.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:03 PM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I have read alot of neg. about him here,, though if I were to buy from him it would be in person since I live 20 min. away. I recently compared eastern and american and though american was cheaper by a few bucks,, I had alot more peace of mind buying from eastern. I got my pipes from eastern last year in 2 days and this delivery in 2 days. Eastern Performance all the way.

Quick Reply: DONT BUY FRM THIS GUY ON EBAY!!!!!!