General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Experience - B&M Custom Cycles on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bad Experience - B&M Custom Cycles on ebay

Monday, I purchased a pair of Kuryakyn footpegs on ebay from B&M Custom Cycles. They had a lot of positive feedback. I'm sure they are an okay company to buy from but what happened just irk's the crap out of me and I need to vent.

Not long after I made the purchase and paid via paypal I received an email containing the following statement: "I have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it shortly.". It goes on to talk about the item I purchased and to inspect it upon arrival and what to do if it is damaged etc. The item was shipped via USPS priority mail which can only be tracked when it leaves and when it arrives, not in between like fedex or ups. Yesterday was the 3rd day and I did not receive it so I sent an email asking about it. The email I got back is as follows "We did receive your order on Monday afternoon, and I was out on Wednesday (standard shipping day/ Mon-Wed & Fri). These are packed and ready for pick up today." .

Nowhere was there an apology for getting my item out late or saying it was shipped when it wasn't. And nowhere did I see a statement saying they only ship on Mon/Wed/Fri (not that it matters because my order went through on Monday with plenty of time left to ship it and it didn't go out Wed. either).

It's a good thing, I guess, that these weren't a Christmas present or something. I've sold things on ebay before and I understand that personal things may delay things being shipped out or whatever but I always try to communicate that - either in the auction if I know it will end when I am away or with an email after the auction ends.

If you see something online from them that you want, keep this experience in mind if you want it quick.

I'm editing the subject as "beware" may be too strong a word. I think these people are legit but I don't appreciate being lied to. At first they said they didn't shipon Monday and were away on Wednesday yet they sent me an email Monday saying it had been shipped. Then they emailed and said they hadn't shipped because the shipment from Kuryakyn was late getting to them.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:41 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Beware B&M Custom Cycles on ebay

I apologize for putting this in the general forum. I thought I was posting this for my friends in the dyna forum.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We arent your friends too?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:01 PM
FandA M
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know....it doesn't seem like a major problem.It certaintly doesn't warrant a "BEWARE".Lighten up ,you'll get your part.
Chit happens

Old 12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but if I buy something on a Monday, and it gets shipped by the following Friday, I'm pretty happy. I never expect anything to be shipped on the date of purchase.

However, they shouldn't have sent you an email saying it had been shipped when it had not.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:14 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with Fand AM, Relax !!!

I always stop in at B&M when I'm in Myrtle Beach.

Very nice store and very nice people......

Old 12-21-2007, 03:15 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

It's all about expectations. Perhaps beware is too strong a word or maybe I've been spoiled by vendors like Eastern Performance and Rob's Cycles who consistently ship items the same or next day and you have it in hand 2 days later. But, don't tell me you shipped me something today when you didn't and then tell me to stop bitchin about it. And, if you do, and get too busy but had the intent to ship it, get it out ASAP the next day. And, regardless of what you do, communicate that to your buyer. A simple email saying that they had not, in fact, shipped my item as previously reported and would not make the shipment until Friday and give the reasons why, and I'm fine with it.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

The other shoe just dropped. I now just received an email explaining that they couldn't ship on Monday because they didn't physically get the items in from the manufacturer. They've apologized but have now lied to me twice in the process.

You know, I don't post a lot here because people tend to get railed/flamed much more here than other forums. Sad but true. I think I could post that my grandmother just died and there are some that will still figure out a way to try and make me feel bad for doing it. You don't have to agree with my being somewhat upset about this. I happen to believe thatpeople should do what they say, when they say they are going to do it. I live by that and try and teach my kids to as well.

I posted itto vent and for FYI for others. Take it for what it's worth to you. If it's worth nothing, move on.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

if i pay immediately, i expect my item shipped immediately.

i ship my items as soon as i get payment (not that i sell a lot, but ive sold some things)

Old 12-21-2007, 06:38 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I agree and I don't like being lied to either...

lp

Quick Reply: Bad Experience - B&M Custom Cycles on ebay