General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When to buy new harley?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: When to buy new harley?

The way HD have lost theirresale, have considered used? Many want to be the "only" owner and I can understand that, but if your not that type you can really get a h3ll of a deal on a low miled warranteed ride. Look around there are some real deals right now. I can't afford tomupgrade due to the sucky resale we are in right now. Everyone has a HD now days.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Twolf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pkenyon1

If you buy an '07 dont forget to price in for them to fit the IDS!!!!!!!

Leave the '07 unless you're looking to save a lot of money...everyone knows they had some issues, maybe that will hit the resale price later.

Sorry, partner,my bike don'tneed an IDS and my babe don't need an IUD!!! 07's ROCK right offa the floor, at least 99% of them!

My bike ran GREAT from the 3 miles on the meter. NO funny noises, or any ****. Yeah, I took it in fer the battery cable crap, but, WTF?
Buy a Toyota or a Nissan, recalls out the AZZ!! My 05 Ranger has no issues. The Chevy had a problem, but I sold that big thang!

I've done a lil' bit of stuff to mine ta make her breathe and perform better, but I still have ta hear one of these clattering and whining
bikes around Central NM. And I know a LOTTA people on bikes! I only hear complaints on the net.

Dude, I been ridin' fer 39 yrs now, and I have had 3 Harleys, and ONLY Harleysin the last 20 yrs. I just deal with the little crap, and the big stuff is then taken care of.

Ride safe.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Twolf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll agree with the other posters who said it,

IF ya REALLY wanna have a scoot, just go get one!

Just do yer homework and get at least 1000 bucks under MSRP, I got mine 2K under, 16 mos ago!

All about negotiatin'... [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 12-28-2007, 07:37 AM
BWLucky13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Late January or late February is the ideal time to buy in most parts of the country. I was in the HD shop yesterday and the difference a year makes was striking. Last year the bike inventory was modest and the merchandise shelves were pretty skimpy. Yesterday, the showroom was fully stocked with everything--right after Christmas! New bikes encircled the shop outside. A semi was loading up a flatbed with used bikes to move somewhere.

When you get ready to buy, go look at other brands so you can tell the Harley dealer why you're leaning toward the Triumph Rocket.Then take that good deal and enjoy the ride!