Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Your Bike Too Loud?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 PM
LT753
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is Your Bike Too Loud?

Wait a minute, I am the Police. Yes I do have loud pipes. Yes I do go armed. Well alcohol, I'll just plead the fifth. "Jack if you don't mind."

Lynn

Old 01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Gooch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not loud enough.........yet! I agree with the guy that mentioned soccer moms ( not even an american born sport) (like LOUD HARLEYS) I say HANG UP and DRIVE!

Rumble on!

Old 01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Well I know at one point screamn_eagle's pipes were to loud lol, He was messin with the baffles and shook some of his wifes pottery off the walls in thier kitchen! Hehe Right now I'm not happy with the exhaust on my bike it has the stock pipes on it and I can't wait till my financial situation clears up a little so I can grab a set of Rineharts. Maybe punch it up to a 98 and get some head work done as well. I believe most of us here use a little common sence, for example when I'm coming home at 6 am I keep it subdued but if im out on the highway I have no problem smackin the throttle and shaking some carbon loose.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
cmorris48
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saying my scooter is too loud is like telling me you can have too much chrome.....NOT POSSIBLE ! And while we are on the topic of cagers with "mobile phones"..is it true you are issued a cellular phone after you have the lobotomy? I ain't seen no statistics where loud pipes were fatal...GIVE ME A BREAK !

Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
seeg2005
Advanced

WHAT?!!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I'M BEATIN' THE CRAP OUT OF SOME QUIET PIPES QUEER WHILE I'M DRINKING A BEER AND DOING A BURN OUT!!
[:@]

Old 01-03-2006, 11:14 PM
darkside
Banned

More rich white folks trying to make America just how they like it. F- the rest of us since apparently they have all the time in the world to go on these crusades against us. I do however feel we need to pay attention to people like this .They are the ones infringing on our right to ride free . I personally loved the line about some people lacking the "sophistication" to get the police and legislature to stop all of us drunk belligerant drug addicts from making noise.remember the rich squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cool Dog

Found on another forum...

"Do not approach or attempt to reason with bikers. Most of them are belligerent. When possible, take down their license plate number and call the police. In communities where the police pull over bikers, often they find alcohol, drugs and sometimes weapons. In a few cases, bikers have outstanding warrants for their arrest."

Looks like they've met us all!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being from outside the US, we quite often have a bit of a laugh at some of the looney fringe groups you guys seem to pull out of the woodwork. Noiseoff is a case in point, where do they get off branding everyone with their twisted ideas, next they will want to put mufflers on farts.

As far as I am concerned, you brothers & sisters in the US are the only sensible ones in the 50. Mind you, I may be a little biased - LOL.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

My pipes have saved my a$$ more times than I can count from stupid a$$'s on there cell phone and some the AARP crowd who should NOT be driving (This includes my 87 yr old father). When they cure all of the other world's problems it will be then that I will turn in my loud pipes. Till then F^%$# off!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Rodent
Road Master

There's just no getting away from these idiots.
Someone fetch my gun. [sm=shootshoot.gif]It's right next to the bottle of Jack [sm=alcoholic.gif]and the bottle of pain killing drugs.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Quick Reply: Is Your Bike Too Loud?