Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2_up_Phobia or Homophobia?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:57 PM
BluegrassBuck
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2_up_Phobia or Homophobia?

I have a buddy that lost his license for DUI. Sometimes he needs a ride to the store when I go visit him. If I ride the bike I end going to the store by myself to get his stuff. When he knows I'm coming over and he needs to go somewhere he tries to get me to drive the truck. If it's too cold or wet I don't mind driving the truck but if it nice out I want to ride.

Personally I don't think it makes me queer to give another guy a ride on a motorcycle. It's not that He's not afraid to ride with me it's the 2 guys on the same bike he doesn't like. I was wondering what other people think?

Bucky

Old 01-03-2006, 06:03 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2_up_Phobia or Homophobia?

I think that you're doing a friend a favor by taking him where he needs to go. DUI? Not your problem, but if you can help him out, who cares what anyone else thinks? Haven't you every seen Easy Rider? No one thought they were gay, 2 up on a chopper. There are other more important things to worry about than someone thinking you're a little light in the loafers. Look at it this way, if anyone gives you any lip, there are 2 of you to kick their ***.

Just my .$02.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Screamer
Road Captain

It’s kinda homo looking. But at least you’re not the passenger. Hee hee.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
ecvjohn
Banned

First- Kudos to your friend for not driving while suspended and to you for helping him out, I'll refrain from comment on the DUI.

Second- Screw what anyone thinks, if anyone is that insecure in themselves that they worry that someone MIGHT think their gay they have bigger issues looming. I'd gladly hop on the back of a bike if I was in the same boat and someone was offering a ride. Beats paying for a cab.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:39 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Back in the 80's, my brother and I used to share an apartment. If you look beyond differences in our bodies (I'm heavy, he is not) you could see that we resemble each other. But the other apartment complex dwellers didn't notice that. They thought we were gay. (We found this out one night when we had a open house party.) We staightented everyone out but it was the times that made two guys living togather as gay, not the way we acted.

So, with all that said, do what you need to do and the heck with what anyone says. Like Dglide said, you can always kick their butts for them. (The real question would be, what would your buddy do if he had a bike instead of a truck?)

Old 01-03-2006, 06:54 PM
daboys53119
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as I am not riding bitch then OK........

Old 01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, you could get your friend a t-shirt that says on the front and back, " I'm not Gay, I got a DUI " to wear when he needs a ride and you're on the bike.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: John TN

Well, you could get your friend a t-shirt that says on the front and back, " I'm not Gay, I got a DUI " to wear when he needs a ride and you're on the bike.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I rode a buddy of mine once as a favor. His bike broke down about 50 miles north of where we live and he needed a ride to get it from the local shop that fixed it. It was beautiful out and there was no way I was going to miss out on riding. It was awkward to say the least and both of us were happy when we got there. I'm not too homophobic either and don't really care what some strangers might think but the whole thing felt strange. I guess that's just closer then I want to get to any guy. But hey, what's more important is that we got to ride the rest of the day after he got his scoot.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:28 PM
MOking
Tourer

As to riding to up and in the B***h position, I'd rather pitch than catch! Just kidding...heck, the guy should be more concerned about dealing with dui and what people think of that. Kind sad society accepts dui quicker than two guys riding two up.

By the way, I learned in grade school that those who are homopobic typically are b/c they are unsure of themselves and feel the need to reinforce their own egos. You may want to watch out for your buddy....HA HA!!!

Just enjoy the ride and forget what others think.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:30 PM
ThudMeister
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that a gun in my back or are you just happy to be riding with me?

(sorry couldn't resist it)

You are doing your friend a favor and you get to ride. What else is there to say?

Quick Reply: 2_up_Phobia or Homophobia?