General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get the wife to a rally?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 PM
ziggiegreen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get the wife to a rally?

Just got my bike a for months ago. I was looking at some rallys and thought the little strugis rally in western kentucky looked cool 'cause I live in eastern ky. Would love to have my wife with me, but I don't know if she wants to go. Anyone know how wild it gets down there? Any tips to get the wife to go?

Old 12-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Get the wife to a rally?

I don't think I would make that the first rally your wife goes to. It is quite wild. But ain't they all?

You might consider running her down to Lawrenceburg for the Jack Daniels rally or something like that. That's probably the tamest rally that I've been to.We still enjoyed it tho.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:14 PM
JUSTRIDIN
Advanced

tell her it is good people watchin

Old 12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

That would not be the one I picked for a first rally. Hotter than the hubs of hell when we were there, old lady got heat stroke. I think there may have been 12 other people who road their bikes there. Campers everywhere, no shade unless you get there a week early. Lots of stuff going on not for the faint of heart (not that I mind, but the misses wasn't impressed). Plus the damn thing is in a dry county WTF? You have to ride 10 miles up the road to get booze (once again not that I mind, but WTF)?

I ain't going back, but best of luck if you decide to head that way. Lots of clubbers, watch you P's and Q's.

If your looking for a mellow rally the 105th reunion is in Milwaukee this year.

If you want to travel a bit the Freedom Rally in Algona, Iowa is all self contained on private Abate property. Food, booze, naked ladies all right there on the property. No leos on the place, it's the 4th of July weekend. But then again it gets hotter than hell there too.

If your looking for hedonism check out Thunder in the Sand in Conesville, IA. Very wild party Thunder is laborday weekend and they have one in the spring also. Run by Circle of Pride MC.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Little Sturgis is a nudist biker campground!

If your wife is timid that should not be your choice.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:32 PM
ChicagoJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would probably be best to start with real smaller local stuff to let her get used to some of the "behavior" she may encounter. That way you don't have to turn around and ride 800 miles to get home after you've been there an hour. If she's not shy and isn't put off by loud music, drunkeness, occasional nudity, and a variety of other things that some people consider inappropriate you are good to go at any rally.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay here is how my husband got me to my first rally. My first rally was "The Boogie" here in Indiana and it is very similar to Little Sturgis. Anyhow, he told me he wanted to go. I looked it up online and saw some pics of the girls flashing and wild behavior. Okay now anyone who know me is going to laugh at this.... I said there was no way I wanted to be a part of all of that. So Sean made a deal with me. He said it's not as wild as I think and we would go but we would stay in a hotel instead of camp. And the deal was that if I hated it or felt uncomfortable then we would leave and he would not bitch or be upset in any way that we were leaving. Well I got there and during the day it's not bad at night is when it gets rowdy. By day 2 I was flashing people and having fun.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

[blockquote]Maybe if you invite another couple(friends)to join you for the ride it might help.
You know your lady best so do your research before going. I took mine to what I thoughtwould be a mild ralley years ago andI guessthat night wasa realgoodcrowd. We laugh about it now but, she wasvery suprised then.

[/align] [/blockquote]

[/align]

Old 12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

takr her to Myrtle Beach 1st. It is real calm compared and most women like the beach if not the rally

Old 12-18-2007, 08:51 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Tell her you're going shopping

Quick Reply: Get the wife to a rally?