General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get the wife to a rally?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
budwfo
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Get the wife to a rally?

Don't take her,,you'll have more fun,,hehe.....

Old 12-19-2007, 12:00 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If "wild" ain't your thing then check out Americade. It's billed as the largest "touring" rally, but it's more than just touring bikes. I probably saw more Heritage, Deluxe, and Dynas there than Ultra or Road Kings. There's a very nice selection of all makes and models of bikes, actually. And the focus is less on "partying" than on just enjoying the ride and the bikes.

http://www.tourexpo.com

For 2008 it's June 2-8.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

takr her to Myrtle Beach 1st. It is real calm compared and most women like the beach if not the rally
Ditto on what Tinkermc said. Myrtle is usually pretty calm. There are places you can go and get rowdy though, but you can also avoid the craziness pretty easy too.

BTW Heather, we don't believe you!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
lakedrunk
Advanced

Me and 7-10 others go to little sturgis every year for the past 6 years. I love it there!!! A few times it was miserably hot but just this last year the temps were alright. As many people said if you or your wife don't like a wild party I'd go somewhere else. I've seensome crazy stuffthere at little strugis (and I live here next to party cove) Some of our friends bring their wives with them and they always have a good time (even the ones that don't get neked) My wife has never gone with me but for the 08 rally she is really thinking about going. We always have somebody drive a truck and trailer to carry all of our gear, beer, liquer, beads, tents, chairs, canopy, etc. Man! I'm getting excited about going again

edit: and it is good to get there at least a day before they open the gates or as early as possible on the day. All the camp sites are first come first serve and there are some places with shade that we get each year. There's plenty of shade if you get a spot in "burnout alley" but you'll get close to no sleep down there.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree this is not a "first" rally!! Maybe your state H.O.G. Rally? That's good contacts and info for other events and riders to ride along.

I've been to plenty of rallies...never Sturgis, and I have not one bit of desire to do it. Evaa!! Our latest was one down in Mexico. Great fun. And we will be doing the 105 in WI.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends on your wife. Mine isn't the wild type (anymore). Took her to Myrtle this fall. She'll still ride with me now and then but she's "1 and done" with bike rallies...

Old 12-19-2007, 04:05 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: greg09997

Tell her you're going shopping
Only problem is she will expect you to follow through with that promise.

Start with a state HOG rally and go from there. Even Sturgis has something for everyone if you know where to look.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:23 PM
hondaherb
Road Captain

I live about 50 miles from Little Sturgis, this year was our first time to attend the rally. We had a great time, but my wife doesn't get bent-all-out -of-shape about nudity. We pullled the toyhauler up there and found a good parking place. The shows are good, and even the clubs didn't bother others. If your wife is timid, I would find somewhere else to go. We will go back next year.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Whackone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would you want to?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlideBTW Heather, we don't believe you!
Oh but it is true. I was very skeptical about going to that rally. But like I said....it didn't take me long to join in the fun.

Quick Reply: Get the wife to a rally?