General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Then Came Bronson!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Roofuss96
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Then Came Bronson!

Then came Bronson was one of my favorite shows growing up,

I was 19 yrs old and loved that show ! Hah, I used to dream that it was me and I was off on 2 wheels to see America ...a year later, I married my first wife and woke up to the real world , LMAO !!! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

ORIGINAL: JB

Skip I'm trying to think wasn't their even a few years that they were running with 900 on the air cleaner cover?
I don't remember the A/C cover, but do remember seeing a metal decal thing that went on the primary cover. My '72 CH had one, but it said "1000".

Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: johnboy1958

Wouldn't it be great to just take off and go. I thought that's what I would do when I grew up. But life doesn't always work out the way you want it to. Now at 49 I'm stuckin a rut. Morgage and all.
Life always works out. But ya gotta decide what's important, and then work towards it.

I decided in high school to join the navy rather than go to college. I needed some direction, and knew I'd get it. 'Sides, my ol' man was WW2 Navy. Once in the Navy, I decided to stay awhile, but then changed my mind and got out after 8 years. I had "rediscovered" muttersickles (ol' man was long-time HD & Indian rider in the '30s - '50s), and wanted to hit the road before I settled down. Worked a spell in the Chasn, SC shipyards to save some money, then hit the road for nearly a year, just following my front wheel. Went home to Ohio to Dad's to ride out the winter, left for Texas one January night when the thermometer in Loudonville hit -29F at midnight.

Anyway, if you think you are in a rut, you are. So whatcha gonna do about it? Follow the rut, or come up with a plan to cut loose? And by "cut loose" I don't mean abandoning your responsibilities. Those things are your word, and no man is anything if he doesn't live up to his word. But you can look down the road, dream a dream, then plan to live the dream. It ain't never too late. Do it!

Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

I used to have an LP that Michael Parks cut. Had a lotta songs that were on the show. It was actually pretty good. I could close my eyes on some of the tunes and see him ridin' down that lonesome highway. Heck, I've even got the words memorized to one of 'em, an old gospel tune - Wayfarin' Stranger. I sang it (frog-croaked it's more accurate) to my Momma just before she passed away. Funny what sticks with ya. Got embarrassed 'cause one of my sister's had the baby-monitor thing on and everyone was listenin' to what I thought was just me singin' to Momma.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: pococj

I used to have an LP that Michael Parks cut. Had a lotta songs that were on the show. It was actually pretty good. I could close my eyes on some of the tunes and see him ridin' down that lonesome highway. Heck, I've even got the words memorized to one of 'em, an old gospel tune - Wayfarin' Stranger. I sang it (frog-croaked it's more accurate) to my Momma just before she passed away. Funny what sticks with ya. Got embarrassed 'cause one of my sister's had the baby-monitor thing on and everyone was listenin' to what I thought was just me singin' to Momma.
But you probably sounded like Frank Sinatra to your mother. You can't put a price on special memories like that.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
gandy dancer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the links----corny as it may seem now--its still alot better than most junk on the tube now days--------------

Old 12-16-2007, 08:17 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a very good song,I have sang it in church a few times. Im sure it touched your mommas heart. I dont know if you keep up with gospel music very much but listen to "Selahs" version of that song, it will bless you, especially since the song evidently means a lot to you...
Its on the "be still my soul " album you can find it here, http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=VT0...id=dRDNyvIf8GG
If you like PM me with an email addy and I can just send it to you. I have it on my PC. If you want. Its no trouble on my part.
ORIGINAL: pococj

Old 12-16-2007, 08:20 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my moma says I sing better than Josh Groban I dont get the bighead,I just consider the source
ORIGINAL: jimmers1817

But you probably sounded like Frank Sinatra to your mother. You can't put a price on special memories like that.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:21 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What? I always thought he had fingerless gloves.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Kevinc
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was good stuff.

Quick Reply: Then Came Bronson!