General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just back form South Carolina & Georgia-great bike weather!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just back form South Carolina & Georgia-great bike weather!

though I didn't ride. I was down for my son's graduation from Marine Corp bootcamp from wednesday to friday and the weather there is awesome. You guys in the south are really lucky to have the weather you do in regards to riding. I'm here in upstate NY waiting to get hit with 1-2 feet of snow tonight and tomorrow. The people there are nice too. A little slower pace than I'm used to but I could get used to it. Example: In SC theres no Dunkin Donuts for coffee! Alot of Starbucks but even those don't open until like 8am. Very friendly people though and nice roads to ride on. Saw alot of bikes on the road. My wife and I are going back down in may to Myrtle and we're looking forward to it. I could get used to living down there I think. To anyone from those states .....you've got a great state. good gas prices too.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Queen of the Hill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just back form South Carolina & Georgia-great bike weather!

I moved down here (South Carolina) this summer from western NY, and I'll just say that I am NOT MISSING THE SNOW ONE BIT! Although I do miss the hills and more curvy roads. It's fairly flat with a lot of straight roads from the midlands to the coast.

I believe this past week was a bit unusual, though. Normal is highs in the 50's during the winter, with some nicer days scattered here and there, not 80's.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:13 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

NC and SC has some great motorcycle riding roads. Pace is slower in SC but as you head Mid state NC and above the pace picks up. Still slower than NY. I have lived in SC Myrtle Beach area most of my life now I live in upper middle of NC. I have the best of both worlds. I can be at the mountains or the Beach in less than 3 hours easy. Thats just a good motorcycle ride.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Queen of the Hill

I moved down here (South Carolina) this summer from western NY, and I'll just say that I am NOT MISSING THE SNOW ONE BIT! Although I do miss the hills and more curvy roads. It's fairly flat with a lot of straight roads from the midlands to the coast.

I believe this past week was a bit unusual, though. Normal is highs in the 50's during the winter, with some nicer days scattered here and there, not 80's.
It was 80 when we were there-I loved it! It looks a bit dry there though. You can see where the marshes have receded quite a bit. I know Georgia was in bad shape water wise but SC looks dry too. Great place.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:29 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

SC has had it ruff when it comes to rain. I own a farm there and my ponds are very low. One is dried up as of Thanksgiving. It doesnt have a natural spring like the other one does. Even with the natural spring is really low. Fish are still living in it though just shallow water.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the nice words. Its gonna be 24 degrees here monday tho. And SC does have dunkin donuts you must have not seen them.
ORIGINAL: Ace07FXDL

though I didn't ride. I was down for my son's graduation from Marine Corp bootcamp from wednesday to friday and the weather there is awesome. You guys in the south are really lucky to have the weather you do in regards to riding. I'm here in upstate NY waiting to get hit with 1-2 feet of snow tonight and tomorrow. The people there are nice too. A little slower pace than I'm used to but I could get used to it. Example: In SC theres no Dunkin Donuts for coffee! Alot of Starbucks but even those don't open until like 8am. Very friendly people though and nice roads to ride on. Saw alot of bikes on the road. My wife and I are going back down in may to Myrtle and we're looking forward to it. I could get used to living down there I think. To anyone from those states .....you've got a great state. good gas prices too.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:50 PM
EricVonZipper
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: csbreeze

NC and SC has some great motorcycle riding roads. Pace is slower in SC but as you head Mid state NC and above the pace picks up. Still slower than NY. I have lived in SC Myrtle Beach area most of my life now I live in upper middle of NC. I have the best of both worlds. I can be at the mountains or the Beach in less than 3 hours easy. Thats just a good motorcycle ride.
I'm in Georgia, and I don't want the pace to pick up. Everything is cool. Everything's ok.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

I wanted to say that but didnt ahahhaaa. We love our pace.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:12 PM
JSU77
Road Captain

Tell your son that we are proud of him and we are behind him 110%.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: JSU77

Tell your son that we are proud of him and we are behind him 110%.
Thank you very much...Im kinda proud of him myself Will do..

Quick Reply: Just back form South Carolina & Georgia-great bike weather!