General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes the demize of all of us

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes the demize of all of us

ORIGINAL: Bigbird07

I like my pipes loud, not deafing loud..
I am sorry to burst your bubble but there is no difference between loud pipes and deafing (whatever the hell that is) pipes. You are part of the problem if there is such a thing!

Some of you guys just don't get it. You are either legal with your OEM pipes or you are not. There isn't levels of acceptable loud pipes. None of the popular slip-ons currently being sold such as Samson, Vance and Hines, Rineharts, Rush or whatever are street legal to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong and they are not for "off road only" or "touring models which are not much louder than stock" please accept my apologies and provide a link. To the best of my knowledge there are not any aftermarket pipes that are louder than stock with the EPA stamping on them but if I am wrong please correct me on that too.

You can't run Rineharts which are loud and claim joe rider is ruining it because he is running louder Samsons.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: kingk9

Harley owners scolding other Harley owners about loud pipes. We're in dark f*cking times...... P*ssys!
I think this about sums up the entire thread.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Bigbird07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never was talking stock pipes, most laws that "as aguide standard" are 85decibel atabout 3500rpm. stock pipes are no where near this. who wants stock pipesand straight pipes are about close to 105decibel maybe more. i have no problem with nice sounding pipes thatrock, i havetrue dual v&h oval port on my roadking.they sound awseome and they passed decibel meter for sure I was shockedbecause i was stopped in road check just for bikes.so if you have'nt been stopped inroad check you will find out soon one day.it's you old senoirs andenviromentist that are going to cause trouble.i'm just bring up issue that will confront us all in due course time. gee i sure touched a nevre here.I guess i'm a sh*t distruber LOL

Old 12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problems with loud pipes on street bikes is nothing compared to what the off road motorcyclists are going thru. I ride dirt bikes,and have been for 35 years. It is getting ridiculous.So much so that the race promoters and dirt bike publications have layed down the law.Quiet pipes or you're outta here! Laws have been passed that wont even let you ride on your own property! It's beyond arguing,it's a fact.Ride a quiet bike or pay the consequences.

Straight pipes on street bikes isn't for me,but I do like a after market pipe with some type of baffle.I hate stock exhaust more than straight pipes.It's all about compromise and ridding with common sence.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

it's you old senoirs andenviromentist that are going to cause trouble.i'm just bring up issue that will confront us all in due course time. gee i sure touched a nevre here.I guess i'm a sh*t distruber LOL
Your reading comprehension is about as good as your spelling and grammar.

Most of the sound checks are worthless because they need to have a certain ambient sound level to be accurate. In case you haven't been reading much, many areas are now looking for the EPA stamp which is etched on all street legal OEM pipes.

If you would have followed this forum and other "pipe" threads you would know that I am running aftermarket exhaust on both my bikes and have for over 30 years. Not straight pipes but not OEM either.

To end this, I am trying to figure out your logic for the bold font initial post. You are running true duals but you are bitching about loud pipes and then you post you like your loud pipes?

Old 12-15-2007, 06:17 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

My bike has screaming eagle 2s with big city monster baffles. Yes its loud. At least as loud as Vans and Hines with no baffles. I have BC baffles just for compression but they dont cut down on straight pipe noise. I dont gun my bike in neighborhoods like some punks that are true idiots do. I even get thumbs up from people in neighborhoods to thank me for driving slow and in a higher gear to limit my noise to at least a stock sound if not quieter. When on the interstate, a highway, at bike ralleys having fun, or at an event that we HOG members go too that people want to hear the bikes as they watch us ride in 300 to 1000 at the time yes I do get loud. It is expected and the by standers incourage us to give them them sound of rolling thunder. With that being said...

IF THEY BAN MY PIPES THEN THEY MADE ME AN OUTLAW! F'EM EVERY ONE AND WRITE YOUR D TICKETS! I will fight them every chance in court to tie up the court system and be has big of a pain in the rear as they are to me.

Only punks that ride 5 miles to the bar to get drunk and ride home if they dont reck are the ones I know causing the problem.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:27 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Cops are people too and enjoy the same things as the next guy. I can also tell you that a guy that's been on the job for awhile has better things to do than to harass bikers because of their pipes. Now, a new guy on the job I'm not so sure about because they stop everything that comes their way...lol

Jakeiniraq,

You must have met my nephew the new policeman in SC. Ha ha ha ha. What you said is so true. I have rode with my nephew while he was patroling the county and had to tell him STOP IT!!! If it moved he was looking for a reason to ticket it. His brother has been a cop for a while and he just shakes his head at him. The nephew that has been a cop for a while keeps telling his new cop brother, "Dont stop normal people get the bad ones." "Theres not as many bad ones out there so you will have to hunt for them just a little but there are plenty to go around for all of us."

Ha ha ha ha. Good kid but just not worn in good yet.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
x2lee
Banned

Whiners without a clue rakealways get on my nerves. You come in here bitching and screaming like a idiot then say you run V&Hs.
That about sums up your IQ. My pipes prolly are not as loud as yours so I guess you're the problem with America and the freedom destroyer.
Someone oughta [sm=chairshot.gif]

i havetrue dual v&h oval port on my roadking.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dalton

ORIGINAL: zombie

Holy **** in a handbasket! You're right...why didn't I see this before!!!! It's all so clear now. Thanks! The huge fckin bold *** type has finally made me see the light!

Fortunately I'm freakin lazy and won't do **** about my pipes except enjoy em.

I'm also sure my pipes are responsible for the deforestation of the rain forest, and Rosie O'Donnel bein fat...sorry about that.
Global warming too!!
Don't make me cry Dalton...you know I'm sensitive

All I really wanted were some ice cubes for my drink, I didn't think the whole damn polar icecap was gonna melt!!!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i havetrue dual v&h oval port on my roadking.
What a tool!

I run stock pipes and you come in here lecturing me?!?!

T

o

o

l

Quick Reply: loud pipes the demize of all of us