General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes the demize of all of us

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes the demize of all of us

No the OP said if we dont agree with him we are f@ckked. Hes an idiot,
with no sense, common or uncommon for posting this. Besides where did you read he likes loud pipes?
You are making this up as you go.[&:]
Guess what? there are NO Noise restrictions on bikes in Georgia, sounds like the politicians here dont like to sew.

Lot of preaching going on not to be in the religious section...
ORIGINAL: 3power

lol .. you guys are rough

The OP isn't saying he doesn't like loud pipes personally, but he's saying that if folks keep abusing them then we will all lose out. Just use common sense and we will be fine.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
x2lee
Banned

lmao[sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=chairshot.gif] its jail time for us... "Dumptrucks destroy our freedom". Sounds idiotic right?
ORIGINAL: WRAITH

Harley-Davidson has been telling us for decades not to use loud pipes.It's only bad boy wanabees that use them and are causing all of the problems.Loud pipes don't save lives.When I driving my dump truck I can't hear the outside traffic.The kid with his boombox,can't even hear an ambulence right next to him.The cager with a cell phone glued to his left ear,wouldn't notice a bomb exploding in the back seat.Loud pipes only destroy everybody elses freedom.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: pkenyon1

Did you see recent HOG magazine?

Yet another article about how loud pipes are a myth and do nothing for safety...

Does the MoCo think we are all that stupid that if they say it for long enough and write enough of their own 'independent' articles then eventually everyone will believe them??!

Logic does say that if you are noticeable then you are noticeable - PERIOD!

OK some people don't like them, but I don't like loud stereos in shitty 'pimped up' cars either.

Maybe straight through pipes are too much, but a little noise never killed anyone....but stealth bikers certainly could do.

HD has it's own agenda. They don't care if you believe them or not, they want to suck up to the feds by writing PR articles. Who knows, maybe some gullible, misguided hog member might read their article then go onto an online forum and start posting in big bold letters.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:29 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior

[sm=lame.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif][sm=lame.gif]

Old 12-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

LOUD PIPES are the ones that have little or no baffling.LOUD PIPES are the ones that wake you up when the bar closes.LOUD PIPES are the ones that possers and wanabees install because they think its cool.LOUD PIPES are the ones that include the warning "NOT FOR USE ON THE STREET".LOUD PIPES are the ones that the law stops you for.
Wouldn't it have been easier to type "stock pipes"?

Old 12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
kingk9
Banned

Harley owners scolding other Harley owners about loud pipes. We're in dark f*cking times...... P*ssys!

Old 12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bigbird07

Get real politicians are going to make your bike and my bike sound like sewing machine in future. thanks to very loud pipes.if you don't think so you are****** yesfreedom of speech freedom of expression,but watch out it's coming less noise, less freedom.

[IMG]local://upfiles/45501/DB536560D3C1452DBA6977E10612CBA5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Grimpy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I perfer baffled pipes for all the wrong reasons.The silence serves me in my endevours.Other than that,I don't give a crap about noise pollution....somtimes I count on it.
So ,if you run straight pipes..Blaze away [sm=smiley33.gif]

Old 12-15-2007, 02:03 PM
kingk9
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

LOUD PIPES are the ones that have little or no baffling.LOUD PIPES are the ones that wake you up when the bar closes.LOUD PIPES are the ones that possers and wanabees install because they think its cool.LOUD PIPES are the ones that include the warning "NOT FOR USE ON THE STREET".LOUD PIPES are the ones that the law stops you for.
Wouldn't it have been easier to type "stock pipes"?
That's funny. Good one dude!

Old 12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,868 Likes on 22,765 Posts

ORIGINAL: badwhine

ORIGINAL: Bigbird07

Get real politicians are going to make your bike and my bike sound like sewing machine in future. thanks to very loud pipes.if you don't think so you are****** yesfreedom of speech freedom of expression,but watch out it's coming less noise, less freedom.
Yes they are and you can thank all the riders that need to be seen and heard. Uhhhh? Never attract attention to yourself; if you do you become a target. And the gov't has figured out that all the high profile loud bikes are a source of revenue.
MY Motto is "Always be seen and heard". I want the stupid latte' sippin' head up their **** crowd to see ane hearme coming. Further more, I have an airhorn on my fxstc if one of those latte' sippers should start lane driftin'.

After all, we are talking about my life here. If you don't care for yours' then do everything you can do to not make any noise. Better put a but cork in too unless you fart and someone takes offense to it too, cause someone could smell it. I mean geeez don't the people who smell have rights too.
Silly Phagot!!!

Quick Reply: loud pipes the demize of all of us