General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes the demize of all of us

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Wcross
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes the demize of all of us

[sm=boink3.gif][sm=boink3.gif][sm=chairshot.gif]I'm not sure, but I think the smileys I did are Morse code for HOLY SH$T!!!,WTF, NOT AGAIN!!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 07:05 AM
HDRick
Road Warrior

Get over it. The next thing you know the government will want you to wear a seatbelt in your car. Why not mandatory helmet laws when you drive a car? [sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 12-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: kingk9

F*ckin.........P*ssys.
Now you are talking, this is a much better response than your first post.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

Did you see recent HOG magazine?

Yet another article about how loud pipes are a myth and do nothing for safety...

Does the MoCo think we are all that stupid that if they say it for long enough and write enough of their own 'independent' articles then eventually everyone will believe them??!

Logic does say that if you are noticeable then you are noticeable - PERIOD!

OK some people don't like them, but I don't like loud stereos in shitty 'pimped up' cars either.

Maybe straight through pipes are too much, but a little noise never killed anyone....but stealth bikers certainly could do.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Asmodeus
Tourer

Right now my pipes are stock...

If they change the law here, I'm putting on the loudest freakin' pipes I can find... I'm contrary that way... heh heh..

Old 12-14-2007, 07:42 AM
paulca
Road Captain

Iunderstand Al Gore is behind this demization thing. He invented the internet so no-one wouldgo outdoors.

Not everyone stayed in though and used internal combustion engined vehicles to get around. So good old, creative and imaginative Al invented something new: "Climate Change - caused by these infernal internal combustion engines" in the belief that such users of these infernal machines would feel guilty, stay at home and use Al's internet.

This strategyseems tohave backfiredon Alasmany of those caught in Al's guilt trip, vowing to help save the planet have turned from V8,6 litre, 4 or more wheeled vehicles to much more environmentally friendly motorcycles (less fuel consumption, less road space, less parking, less oil, less water used to wash, etc.) and, horror of horrors (to Al & his friends) these folk are actually enjoying themselves on the road and staying away from Al's internet.

So Al and his greenie, "I know what's good for you"buddys have embarked on a new master plan - demizate (pronounced Dem - Iz - Ate) these motorcyclists. Experts believe that Dem is a reference to a political party whose sole purpose is to remove any and all free choice from any and all individuals. On the basis that they believe they do know what is good for the people better than the people themselves, the removal of all freedoms, including choice, is a natural course for such politicians. Howver, I digress from the topic at hand.

Once the demization of motor cyclists has been achieved, Al & Co will focus elsewhere. Analysts are of the opinion that the next target will be loud noises in public places. Farting and belching will lead to bans on beer, beans, chilli,curry and Brussel sprouts (in fact anything from Brussels should be banned except their beer). Laughter management will be introduced by bans oncomedy (all forms); jokes (this started some time ago with thecurtailing of politically incorrect jokes); beer, wine, spirits, ganja (weed), etc,;any type of fun (work on this has been going strongly over the last two decades)whilst elevator / store muzak will be played in every public space (indoor or out).

You may ask why go to all this trouble, but I've revealed enough and if I told you why I could be identified andtheywouldtake me away ........... [sm=boink3.gif]

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
guitarman777
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: zombie

I'm also sure my pipes are responsible for the deforestation of the rain forest, and Rosie O'Donnel bein fat...sorry about that.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Still laughing... maybe it's because I just got up... I love Fridays.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:24 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member

lol .. you guys are rough

The OP isn't saying he doesn't like loud pipes personally, but he's saying that if folks keep abusing them then we will all lose out. Just use common sense and we will be fine.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bigbird07

Get real politicians are going to make your bike and my bike sound like sewing machine in future. thanks to very loud pipes.if you don't think so you are****** yesfreedom of speech freedom of expression,but watch out it's coming less noise, less freedom.
Speak up, I can't hear you over my bike.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM
kingk9
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

ORIGINAL: kingk9

F*ckin.........P*ssys.
Now you are talking, this is a much better response than your first post.
Thanks bro. I thought the seriousness of the subject matter warranted a longer and more detailed response.

Quick Reply: loud pipes the demize of all of us