General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes the demize of all of us

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Raja
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes the demize of all of us

The unofficial last word to those who don't like loud pipes, "Dahhhh, Yo ***!!!" Run whatever you want and let John Law do his best then we fight it out in court, there are millions of bikers and we won't let our loud pipes "go gently into that good night"

Old 12-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Raja

"go gently into that good night"
Dylan Thomas...GREAT poem!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:30 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: Bigbird07
i havetrue dual v&h oval port on my roadking.
What a tool!

I run stock pipes and you come in here lecturing me?!?!

T

o

o

l

That's two of us. Looks like we have a new Village Idiot !!

Old 12-16-2007, 02:48 AM
azhole
Road Master

I have loud pipes on my sporty, and the ultra is much quieter, but still kicks when I pump up the throttle. I've never had any complaints from my neighbors, or anyone else. I have had some smiles, from real bikers no less[:-],when the sporty starts up and it gets that nice rumble rollin' though Not too obnoxious, but nice deep, throaty potato likesound to it. Sounds much badder assed than the ultra does, but I'm usually a 'underdog' incognito kinda guy anyway (usually ride the ultra). Maybe my inner self is just trying to not be a demizer, or demizee, or maybe I just like what I like, or...maybe everyone else is just too damn worried about everbody elses business...small ***** gotcha down...

Old 12-16-2007, 03:00 AM
renoa18
Tourer

I run a 2 into 1 and it is not overly loud but by god I sure like the sound and by god I am not getting rid of it. **** on them

Old 12-16-2007, 03:21 AM
stevent
Road Master

ORIGINAL: whaap

What a tool!

T

o

o

l

Make that three, I have balony cut Harley script pipes on mine, 80dba EPA stamp and all. My bike actually is stock and runs great. I don't need to make a bunch ofnoise to haul ***, I just turn the throttle.

[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 12-16-2007, 06:59 AM
jakedog
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: stevent

ORIGINAL: whaap

What a tool!

T

o

o

l

Make that three, I have balony cut Harley script pipes on mine, 80dba EPA stamp and all. My bike actually is stock and runs great. I don't need to make a bunch ofnoise to haul ***, I just turn the throttle.

[sm=burnout.gif]
+3. I have the street legal SE Touring mufflers and think the sound good, a little throaty....

Old 12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my pipes loud, not deafing loud..

Well then, you are part of the problem aren't you?

Clean your own porch ya twatwaffle before you start complaining about mine.
he said twatwaffle [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 12-16-2007, 08:56 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Cops have got better things to do then write tickets for loud pipes. [/quote]

This is true but they work for Politicians who set their priorities for them. We have a town near us, New Hope, PA, where the cops have decibel meters they hold up to your exhaust. I'm told they have a zero tolerance policy.

Here's an interesting excerpt from the minutes of aNew Hope town council meeting. Note the Chief of Police's comment that the standard Harley comes off the line at 83 decibels. The noise ordinance tickets you at 86. I'm thinking my Rush 1.75s may not make the grade.

CONSENT AGENDA
Richard Hirschfield announced consideration of the consent agenda. Mr. Hirschfield called attention to item 4E, Resolution 2007-21R, providing a supplemental appropriation of $5,000 for the Police Department to conduct special traffic details.
Claire Shaw stated that this is a good use of Borough funds and that it sends a clear message to the community and those who would violate the law. Ms. Shaw asked what protection the town has from motorcycle noise.
Richard Hirschfield answered that the local ordinance, which is based on state and federal standards, limits vehicle noise to 86 decibels. The Borough, however, needs more decibel meters for better enforcement. Mr. Hirschfield added that the Borough is budgeting to buy another decibel meter in 2008.
Randall Flager asked how long it takes to train someone on the decibel meter.
The Chief answered approximately 4 hours. The units are calibrated at the beginning and end of each shift. The conviction rate using the meters is excellent.
Randall Flager asked how many Borough officers are trained on this equipment?
Chief Pasqualini answered presently, there are four, Corporal De Luca primarily, whose shift has been adjusted so that he can work on Sunday afternoons.
Randall Flager commented that the Borough should buy another meter as soon as possible.
Bill Kiefer offered $500.00 towards the purchase of a new decibel meter.
Richard Hirschfield thanked Mr. Kiefer for his generous donation and instructed the Chief to purchase a second meter as quickly as possible.
Sharyn Keiser commented that Corporal De Luca is the person who is really good at this, but added that we need to have more than one officer that has this skill dealing with motorcycles.
Chief Pasqualini answered there are approximately 4 officers trained for use of the meter, but with a small Police Department the officers are used in the positions they do best.
Richard Hirschfield asked the Chief what coverage he has on Sundays for motorcycle noise.
Chief Pasqualini answered four officers.
Rey Velasco stated that he and the Mayor counted 150 motorcycles in town this past weekend and concluded that less than 5% are violating the law.
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size=2]Chief Pasqualini stated that a standard Harley Davidson off the line comes in at 83 decibels. [b]The people that are targeted

Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't read all the above but what it boils down to is: People come to the city commission meeting and beat up on the people of the commission because of all the excessive noise. The mayor doesn't like people beating up on him so he beats up on the chief of police. Chief doesn't like getting beat up on so he beats up on his captains. They don't like it either so they beat up on their lieutenants. The lieutenants beat up on their sergeants and they in turn beat up on the patrol officers. The typical LEO doesn't like being beat up on. End result is you have a community that enforces the laws against loud pipes. Pure and simple !!!

Quick Reply: loud pipes the demize of all of us