General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Crack a few Ribs? UPDATE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody Crack a few Ribs?

Yep-er...In a sprint car...All I can say is DO NOT MOVE!!!!!It'll help to heel the dang things..

Old 12-12-2007, 02:32 PM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I busted one rib when I was a kid. Got hit by a golfball that a friend whacked with a baseball bat. I had numerous broken bones since then, but the rib was the most painful. It felt pretty good after about 2 or 3 weeks, but was still tender when bumped or with exertion for a couple months.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
gaindian
Cruiser

Yeah, I cracked a couple. Takes a couple of weeks before breathing or moving gets easy. I did learn to sleep in a recliner though!

Old 12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
tbrown2
Cruiser

Holding a small pillow against your ribs helps when you cough. Not much helps when you sneeze. It took me about three weeks to heal up enough so that when I sneezed it didn't stop me in my tracks.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:17 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

11 total I use to ride in rodeos then a couple of mishaps on motorcycles and in the army. about 2-3 weeks sorry to hear about your fall.
Merry Christmas
Travis

Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
thug
Road Warrior

Dirt bike accident Thanksgiving week '06. Broker all 6 ribs, entire left-side rib cage, and snapped my collar bone in half. I was three miles into the woods with no phone, no water and no help. Had to walk out and cringed with every single breath and step.Took me a solid three weeks to heal, and I prayed every day that I wouldn't have to cough, burp or hiccupp

Old 12-12-2007, 04:11 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

In college i used to amature cage fight for spare $$$... (like UFC but much much less skilled and glorious) I took a pretty good beating one fight and as I got up (in a daze) i caught a knee to the ribs... it broke 2 and cracked 1... didnt really hurt much cause i was shortly there after knocked out... ha ha ha but ooh well... i was pretty much worthless for 3 months... I still train (at a much more advanced level of Kempo and mixed martial arts) but that rib shot was by far the most pain i have ever been put in... *lesson learned* keep your elbow low and chin tucked as you get up! or roll out to a grapple!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:45 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Hurts like hell for at least 3 or 4 weeks.
Try not to breathe.

Good luck, be safe and heal well.

MikeM

Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sammi,sammi,sammi,,,,,tisk tisk tisk!!
now,,, welcome to my world, of wonderful meds, to help ya forget about all the pain,,

only prob,, those pills will have you so constipated in about a week,, youll have worse pains!

going to take a month or so,, so, NO laffin!!!!!! ya hear?!!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sammi

Monday monrning I was waking in my driveway and just remarked that there was no ice, just water.

2 seconds later I hit a patch of ice and my feet flew out from under me and I fell on my back and cracked 3 ribs on my left side and 1 rib on my right. Stayed in the hosipital ovenignt on Monday and came home yesterday.

Even with pain meds it hurts to do just about anything expect being totally still.

Can anyone who'sbeen through this let me know how long before I feel somewhat normal again?
I was in an accident in July (broken collar bone, ribs, ear drums, etc, etc).........the ribs still hurt. But then again, everyone heals differently, so you could feel great in afew of weeks (well, at least feel less pain). BTW, the pain meds won't help much with broken ribs, unforunately.......a lot of heat and cold will make you feel better than the drugs.

Quick Reply: Anybody Crack a few Ribs? UPDATE!!