General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We went to Evel Knievels funeral yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: We went to Evel Knievels funeral yesterday

ORIGINAL: TraumaKing

**Admin Edit**
Personally, I find the above remark to be beyond inappropriate and extremely telling upon the individual himself. Some of the sshit that folks on here say - at times - makes this place less than what it used to be, what it should be, and what it could be. Comments such as the above should - in my view - be removed. Just my take (obviously).

>>>>>>
Robbie Knievel, left, son of motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel, is surrounded by photos of his father and his father's headstone as he receives a hug after speaking at Evel's memorial service in Butte, Mont., Monday, Dec. 10, 2007. Knievel died Nov. 30 at the age of 69 after years of battling diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis.

"I am not the greatest daredevil in the world. I am the son of the greatest daredevil in the world," Robbie Knievel said.
<<<<<<

Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 PM
johnboy1958
Cruiser

Thanx for sharing your pics with us greybeard.
He was one of the reasons so many of us wanted to ride as we grew up.
RIP...EVEL

Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM
wydgage
Advanced

that was really good of you and the wifeto attend... thanks for representing many of us.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the tribute. I was a highschool kid in the "evel" days and he was BIG influence on me. I saw H-D's on TV---in my living room and went right down to the local dealer for a black T-shirt. The rest is ?????? GOD bless EVEL.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 PM
RoadKing62
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post all the photo's Greybeard. Evel was one cool dude!! RIP Evel.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:25 PM
zuma
Road Captain

EK was a part of my childhood. I had an Apollo racer bicycle that I would imitate him jumping. He is a part of the American heritage that seems to be lost to f$$kn rap and lack of discipline and respect in our society today. Vent over!

RIP Evil Knievel

Old 12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the photos...awsome

Old 12-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Mayfair
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Evel was a tried and true piece of good ol' "Americana". Much in the same light as a Ray Charles, an Elvis Presley, a Rodney Dangerfield, or a John Wayne; There will never be another quite like him. Those of us who were fortunate enough to have 'grown up watching him' are - in my mind's eye - blessed to have witnessed such groundbreaking independence, courage,and fortitude. May he R.I.P.
AWESOME eulogy Tx !! I couldn't have said it better myself !!

Thanks a LOT for posting the pics and representing all of us. I sooooo wanted to go, however i couldn't get off from work. He is an icon that I always wishedI met. I'll definately be visiting his gravesite in the future.

Speaking of ...

Someone mentioned earlier about his headstone. I believe that headstone was purchased and his gravesite picked just prior to his Snake River jump just in case he didn't make it. I'm sure that's whay it has the rocket on it. Evel's hung onto both ever since.

Check these out when you get a chance ...

Here's the program from his funeral. His quote is AWESOME !![/align][/align]http://www.evelknievel.com/EvelKnievelMemorial.pdf[/align][/align]Evel's website[/align][/align]http://www.evelknievel.com/index2.html[/align][/align][/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 AM
sgt joseph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much bro for posting this, i sincerely appreciate it alot. Evel in my opinion was one of the GREATEST showman in american history. That cat was truly an american original, and the ULTIMATE entertainer. My first introduction to harley davidson motor cycles was me watching evel jump his xr750 sporty on wide world of sports, i had goose bumps watching that cat ! And to this very day a harley sportster has always been my favorite looking motorcycle, especially with the peanut tank..I know evel also liked british bikes as well, and used them during his early years, which is certainly fine with me as well, i always liked the british bikes also....I know evel had his share of tough times in his life, and has suffered alot etc, its my prayer that he is living in complete peace in a much better place where every day is show time ! Thanks again bro !

Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks to everybody for the pictures.he was the man.

Quick Reply: We went to Evel Knievels funeral yesterday