Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arizona Bike Shop Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Arizona Bike Shop Information

Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with a bike shop called Main Street Motorcycles in Mesa AZ?
Thanks

Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 PM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Arizona Bike Shop Information

I haven't used them but would also like to know. I've ridden by several times and wondered if I needed a shop on that side of town how they'd be.
I do know that I really don't care much for arrowhead harley. I didn't have a problem with the tire they sold me and installed, but I don't care much for some of the attitude, and I've heard alot of really bad crap from others I ridden with about not servicing under warrantyafter they've bought their bike there.
Maybe ask at Joetta's leather and see if they've heard any complaints. They see a ton of bikers.
Hit one of the local bike runs and ask there.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Newhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer Skunk Motorworks in Mesa: http://www.skunkmotorsports.com/ myself, although havent heard anything bad about MainStreet. Speaking of Joetta's Leather, there is a bike shop in her building as well that seems to have a good reputation. I don't know if they are related are just share the place, but he is suppose to be pretty good.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 PM
PhoenixClassic
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some ridin' buds use Rick @ Chandler Custom and say good things

Old 12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
rockstar_josh
Cruiser

The shop at Joeta's is called Average Joe's. The guy who runs it used to work at Desert Custom, his name is John. I had my bike worked on at Desert Custom, and I thought they were all very nice people, very helpful and relaxed. John is a good guy, he makes you feel right at home and he's very enthusiastic about what he does - I can recommend him based on my experience, I don't know about anyone else's. Skunk Works has a good reputation as well.... I don't know about Main Street Motorcycles, though, never heard much about them.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:34 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey all
Thanks for the information.
I'll check them out

Old 12-13-2007, 08:32 AM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey there and a shout out from AJ - If you are looking for an honest shop, Paul's motorcycle shop in AJ...At least for me, they are down to earth, always make me feel like I'm more than just another customer and no BS....
Not sure whre you live but they are located on the North side of Universityjust West of Ironwood.
Ride safe...

Old 03-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Jazzman
Stage I

By now I hope that you have found someone you can trust to service your bike. However, when I read your post I could not resist putting in a plug for John at Average Joe's Motorcycle Service. His shop is inside Joeta's Leathers on Main in Mesa. He has been extremely helpful, very professional, and thorough in his service of my bikes.(I have two now) He has always told me what must be done for safety, what I might want to do for fun, and what not to do when it was a waste of my money. I really appreciate his honesty. He is also very quick, and the work gets done right the first time. I really feel like john is looking out for my safety every time he works on my bike. Not much more you can ask from a bike shop!

Good luck to you!

Jazzman

Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
bikerbabe480
Stage I
Default Is Joeta's Closing?

Rode down Main going to Chester's HD and saw Joeta's Leather has a "For Rent" sign posted. Such a shame, even though I buy my leather elsewhere. Cie La Vie!

Old 05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2of2
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with a bike shop called Main Street Motorcycles in Mesa AZ?
Thanks
If it's the shop I am thinking of, it used to be called Dave's Cycles back in the day.

I don't know how the "new" owners are, but when it was Dave's my family did ALOT of business with them. Dave was always a stand-up guy.

Quick Reply: Arizona Bike Shop Information