General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike shortage.......lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
rnothog
Tourer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Bike shortage.......lol

Thanks, gonna tryto get out and look this Friday afternoon.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets say a dealer sells 100 bikes, they can buy 100 bikes next year from HD. If they run out of bike and buy some bikes from another dealer and sell them it shows at HD that they sold more bikes and they can order more the next year. But if you ordered 100 bikes and only sold 50 bikes they will only let you buy 50 bikes the next year.
The dealership I bought my bike at has plenty of bikes. I went back after I bought mine to give them the title on my bike. They had a dude buying a new Fat Bob, there was a dude on a new 08 Screaming eagle Ultra that was dogged out for I think it was 42,000. I was jackin with a dude that was sittin on a sporster, he drove off on it..They had several other guys buying new bikes.
I know they sold over 6 bikes while I was at Cowboy in BEaumont and I had bought my 08 FLHT the nite before. They had a showroom full of bikes. There was plenty of folks there during the week.
My buddy came down on the weekend and we rode back over on saturday for their monthly thing and they had Hot dogs and a band. They had more people that they was pulling bikes off the showroom for to drive home then also.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cardboard

Lets say a dealer sells 100 bikes, they can buy 100 bikes next year from HD. If they run out of bike and buy some bikes from another dealer and sell them it shows at HD that they sold more bikes and they can order more the next year. But if you ordered 100 bikes and only sold 50 bikes they will only let you buy 50 bikes the next year.
The dealership I bought my bike at has plenty of bikes. I went back after I bought mine to give them the title on my bike. They had a dude buying a new Fat Bob, there was a dude on a new 08 Screaming eagle Ultra that was dogged out for I think it was 42,000. I was jackin with a dude that was sittin on a sporster, he drove off on it..They had several other guys buying new bikes.
I know they sold over 6 bikes while I was at Cowboy in BEaumont and I had bought my 08 FLHT the nite before. They had a showroom full of bikes. There was plenty of folks there during the week.
My buddy came down on the weekend and we rode back over on saturday for their monthly thing and they had Hot dogs and a band. They had more people that they was pulling bikes off the showroom for to drive home then also.
Mass hypnosis?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Helix
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please give me the name of this HD Dealership and His Salesemanso I can deal with them in the future ! If your buddys getting a New 07 FXDWG out the door for $15K all of my future HD's will be bought at this dealership.Even if thats before setup - freight- tax title - and LicenseI find it hard to believe that a dealership is going $2K Under MSRP. It must be really hard to sell bikes there.

ORIGINAL: Recycler

I know a guy who is picking up a 07 FXDWG this weekend and he payed $15,000 .
ORIGINAL: Helix

ORIGINAL: crazeehorse

Some dealerships deal... I picked up an 07 FXDWG for $14,495 total. If I had bought that bike 3 months earlier it would have sodt me $19,200 out the door.

This is BS dude - 07 FXDWG were almost $17K . Your saying he sold you the bike for around $12K , thats almost $6K under MSRP.Lets see , he sells to you for $12Kbecause thenadd tax - title - and Licencse so your adding $2-3K to the total. That is of course if you had no set-up and delivery too.I guess you got 0% financing also for 72 Months? Even if you bought it used youd pay more than that for one from a dealer out the door. Gotta raise the BS Flag on this one.