General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike shortage.......lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:33 PM
WRAITH
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bike shortage.......lol

Because of the economy in the US,Harley is sending more bikes to Canada and Europe.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:51 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cadman311

I forgot about that rocker C. I have not seen a dealer keep one on the floor that had the rear seat as of this time. They are sold before they can hit the floors.
No Rockersof any kind have even being delivered yet to the dealers which is why you haven't seen any. They have been delayed until January of '08 at the earliest. The dealer I bought my bikefrom isn't even taking deposits on any Rockers right now, that's what the salesman told me for whatever that's worth.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Rambler
Tourer

Virtually every dealership in S. CA has a row of Roadkings and a Row of Glides 6 to 8 deep sitting on the floor.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 AM
socalmoe
Tourer

No ABS on the floor. The tactic seems to try and sell what they have; if not, you gotta wait 4-8 weeks. I too herd that the production out put will be cut by something like 30,000 units. With a flood of used bikes MoCo is having a hard time drumming up buisness. I personally will probably sit out to get an 08 in 09 unless I can get a killer deal. I am in no rush to drom 25k on a RK.
Too bad HD is spending so much $$ on demo rides and advertisement.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:00 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

Anyone know why the price of diamonds is so high????

And for that matter why we are paying so much for fuel?

It all bull ****..

Debeers controls the diamond market and holds up supply with annual quantities closely controlled; there are a lot of diamonds out there and sitting in the ground but they dont reach the stores purely to keep the prices high - FACT! Check it out.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:17 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

The whole world is bullshit. That's why I'm going riding. Fug it. [8D]

Old 12-12-2007, 05:14 AM
IcemanVA
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: kingk9

ORIGINAL: badwhine

ORIGINAL: rustyrun

The local dealer here (2 stores) havea great selection of'08's in stock. What gets me is that a few of the sales staff have left and gone back to other better paying jobs. These guys were fat and happy 2 years ago. Busheconomics and they just lowered the prime again sending the stocks falling and the value of the dollar racing for the subway.
Sales of air cooled oil leaking h-d's have been on the rise since1987. Bush? maybe. Consumer frenzy driven by madison ave marketing and moco manipulation of pop culture?
I'm telling you guys, it's more proof of the George Bush and Harley Davidson consortium's plot to destroy civilization as we know it and finalize their plans for world domination! God help us all![8D]
Hell, I even heard George Bush, HD AND Osama Been Dikhead got together to plot 9-11 to further strengthen their grip on world power. It's all part of the grand master plan...Mu-ha-Ha-hA-hA

Old 12-12-2007, 05:17 AM
IcemanVA
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: pkenyon1

Anyone know why the price of diamonds is so high????

And for that matter why we are paying so much for fuel?

It all bull ****..

Debeers controls the diamond market and holds up supply with annual quantities closely controlled; there are a lot of diamonds out there and sitting in the ground but they dont reach the stores purely to keep the prices high - FACT! Check it out.

That is also because of George Bush...at least thats what I read on the internet, so it has to be true!!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member

I know a guy who is picking up a 07 FXDWG this weekend and he payed $15,000 .
ORIGINAL: Helix

ORIGINAL: crazeehorse

Some dealerships deal... I picked up an 07 FXDWG for $14,495 total. If I had bought that bike 3 months earlier it would have sodt me $19,200 out the door.

This is BS dude - 07 FXDWG were almost $17K . Your saying he sold you the bike for around $12K , thats almost $6K under MSRP.Lets see , he sells to you for $12Kbecause thenadd tax - title - and Licencse so your adding $2-3K to the total. That is of course if you had no set-up and delivery too.I guess you got 0% financing also for 72 Months? Even if you bought it used youd pay more than that for one from a dealer out the door. Gotta raise the BS Flag on this one.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:34 AM
sfarson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 57springer57

A waiting list ?? [sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif][sm=laughingsmilie.gif] who are they kidding???
Depends on the model. Some are in line for a Night Rod Special, Rocker, FatBob, CVO, etc.

Quick Reply: Bike shortage.......lol