General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike shortage.......lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:52 PM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Bike shortage.......lol

the dealership i go to mostly has all the 2007's gone except for one dyna low rider and cant seem to get enough anniversary models in. i was told by two different dealers that each dealer only gets a low few 105th's in and when they sell them they wont get any more.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 PM
rustyrun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local dealer here (2 stores) havea great selection of'08's in stock. What gets me is that a few of the sales staff have left and gone back to other better paying jobs. These guys were fat and happy 2 years ago. Busheconomics and they just lowered the prime again sending the stocks falling and the value of the dollar racing for the subway.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I was at the local dealer today. You couldn't walk thru the show room for the sea of bikes. They had at least one of every model of the Anniversary bikes.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rustyrun

The local dealer here (2 stores) havea great selection of'08's in stock. What gets me is that a few of the sales staff have left and gone back to other better paying jobs. These guys were fat and happy 2 years ago. Busheconomics and they just lowered the prime again sending the stocks falling and the value of the dollar racing for the subway.
Sales of air cooled oil leaking h-d's have been on the rise since1987. Bush? maybe. Consumer frenzy driven by madison ave marketing and moco manipulation of pop culture?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Try and find the Orange and Black Low Rider 2008 I have seen two and bought one of them. The one I bought had a someone wanting it but could not come up with deposit. Its a buyers market the MOCO knows it. What do you do is cut the supply. Prices will stay stable.Models will move one way or another. The worst thing a company(which deals in the higher end market)can do in slow times is discount there bread and butter(cheapen it) its not good business.

When the economy returns it will be harder to charge the customers the higher rates. The informed ones will not pay an inflated price whena year earlier they were giving the products away.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My dealer hasn't had an '07 since July '07. They have a lot of various '08s, but are having trouble getting Touring bikes.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:17 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: badwhine

ORIGINAL: rustyrun

Sales of air cooled oil leaking h-d's have been on the rise since1987. Bush? maybe. Consumer frenzy driven by madison ave marketing and moco manipulation of pop culture?
I'm telling you guys, it's more proof of the George Bush and Harley Davidson consortium's plot to destroy civilization as we know it and finalize their plans for world domination! God help us all![8D]

Old 12-11-2007, 09:23 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer had a 2008 105th,Screamin' Eagle CVO Springer limited production(1050)on a elavated platform display.He said he would get a few guys to take it down,roll it out side,and let me ride it,and offered me the bike at 1200 bucks off msrp and I was "just looking" He was a good salesman,cause I bought it.Point being,there are big discounts now being offered as opposed to the past.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a similar situation with Chosa's HD (now Chesters). Salesman thoughtI was a tire kicker and walked a way from me.I went to Chandler HD and made a deal on a Low Rider. You should have seen his face the next week when I rode up to buy accessories. Anyway,I heard that Hacienda was making good deals these past few weeks. I liked my experience at Chandler HD as well.
Good Luck

Old 12-11-2007, 09:46 PM
zuma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: drogers

My dealer had a 2008 105th,Screamin' Eagle CVO Springer limited production(1050)on a elavated platform display.He said he would get a few guys to take it down,roll it out side,and let me ride it,and offered me the bike at 1200 bucks off msrp and I was "just looking" He was a good salesman,cause I bought it.Point being,there are big discounts now being offered as opposed to the past.
Where is the damn pictures!!

Quick Reply: Bike shortage.......lol