General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike shortage.......lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Helix
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike shortage.......lol

ORIGINAL: crazeehorse

Some dealerships deal... I picked up an 07 FXDWG for $14,495 total. If I had bought that bike 3 months earlier it would have sodt me $19,200 out the door.

This is BS dude - 07 FXDWG were almost $17K . Your saying he sold you the bike for around $12K , thats almost $6K under MSRP.Lets see , he sells to you for $12Kbecause thenadd tax - title - and Licencse so your adding $2-3K to the total. That is of course if you had no set-up and delivery too.I guess you got 0% financing also for 72 Months? Even if you bought it used youd pay more than that for one from a dealer out the door. Gotta raise the BS Flag on this one.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:41 PM
JC650
Road Captain

I told my friend after we left that this salesman was full of shi*. I wanted to call the salesman on his statements but since I am not buying I wasnt going to interrupt. I dont mind them trying to sell a product but be somewhattruthful wtf. Its amazing how little some of these guys know about the products they sell. They had at least 2 105 models on the floor.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: crazeehorse

Some dealerships deal... I picked up an 07 FXDWG for $14,495 total. If I had bought that bike 3 months earlier it would have sodt me $19,200 out the door.
If you bought a 07 Wide Glide for that price you got one hell of deal. I haven't seen any used 07 Wide Glides for that price.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

Believe it or not, the Street Glides are selling fast even when there is snow on the ground. I went to the dealership last weekend to pick up a few Christmas gifts and they had sold 6 of them in the last 2 weeks.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes we have no bannanas

Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JC650

Went to the dealer Sunday with a friend who is looking for an 08 Street Glide and heard an amusing conversation. My friend asks the salesman if they have a black SG in the back and heres where it gets good. Apparently Hd is cutting production soo much that it will be nearly impossible to buy an 08 off the floor. If that salesman was telling me that I think I would have told him to check the net for all the 08's out thereor I would have left imediately. I couldnt even listen to the rest of his nonsense. Maybe they ordered less cause of the 07's they had the floor since Oct 06.Guess thats why I bought used this time.
No shortage...the market is flooded. The next time you visit a dealership take a look a the clothing,jewlery etc of the salesman. Ask the salesman to show you what kind of car he is driving. These guys are????? nuff said. Don't believe it? Compare the sales guys to the service guys. Service guys buy their own tools,go to school yearly etc.... Sales.....they cast no shadow. If they were truly salesman theywould not be riding on the mocos back -pop culture and consumers with "the need".

Old 12-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever notice that salesmen always say they are hard to get or there is only one left and I'll try to get it for you. Just another game they play to get you desperate and willing to buy.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:16 PM
scttgr8
Road Master

what color or model do you want...at our dealership we have at least one of everything except the ghost rocker, with more bikes arriving weeklyand inventory changes daily due to sales. If you mut have an 07, we have about 5 differentbikes left.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:30 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dorkman

Ever notice that salesmen always say they are hard to get or there is only one left and I'll try to get it for you. Just another game they play to get you desperate and willing to buy.
Yes I have noticed. The saleman are trained to prey on the mental/ego needs of the customer. The worst thing a customer can do is to walk into a dealership and make a emotional decision.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:46 PM
IcemanVA
Cruiser

The dealership in Portsmouth, VA where I bought my 08 Heritage has been selling their bikes at MSRP for years and will drop below that by 500 bucks if pressed...on the flip side another dealer in Virginia Beach isoffering the same bike almost 1300 bucks above msrp.

Nearly everytime I'm at the Portsmouth dealer, they are selling bikes frequently...I know because you are asked to ring a big brass bell once your deal is done and I hear it 1-2 times almost every time I'm there.

It all depends on the dealership and how bad they want to pay their bills.

Quick Reply: Bike shortage.......lol