General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 AM
HogDeluxe
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......

I have a pair of Halcyon aviator googles. They're the same ones made for the RAF Spitfire pilots in WWII. Halcyon has been making them since before the war. http://www.classicpartsltd.com/I have been wearing them for 6 years and find them to be the most comfortable you can find. They have interchangeable lenses, clear and smoke.I'm into the retro look soI find themto be waycool. They are vented just right so they don't fog up and they keep the air out of my eys when I wear my contacts. The best thing is I have an old school helmet that goes along with them to complete that whole retro look...I feel like a WWII fighter pilot when I ride my Deluxe!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:35 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I tried goggles once or twice and for me they take away too much.Just cannot see as well,so now it is glasses with side shields.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

During the day and in sunny conditions I just wear my prescription sunglasses. I have a set of goggles with the Rx insert and clear lenses that I wear at night or when in the rain. The lense has a feature where it "pops" out (forward) and allows air in via a low density foam, which keeps them from fogging.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/ea1ybk-r.html.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

For casual riding around town I have sunglasses and cheap safety glasses. Long trips I always pack a pair of dark and clear goggles. Driving rain, hail, desert wind, dust devils and sand storms are always easierin goggles.

Me and my boy riding through the Pecos in '05. Hot as hell on earth.

-fish

Old 12-13-2007, 02:46 PM
priceamp
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dude, I thought goggles were cool.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13917/F471A6CD0EED497C8546E788C2BF0F7B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-15-2007, 12:09 AM
concepi
Tourer

panoptix day+night lenses are the way to go if you're wearing contact lenses. big investment at ca 150-200bucks but well worth it. same as with the tires being the only connection to the road - googles are the only 'connection' to the cages (besides loud pipes - good vision is a must.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:11 AM
spike95
Road Master

I have a similar set of Guard Dogs and they are great when it's raining. I must admit I really like thoseaviator style goggles with the leather around them. I think I'll get some when my current ones die.

ORIGINAL: biz44

ORIGINAL: Aroberts

Its dark when I ride to work in the morning and I need some kind of eye protection. Are goggles not cool, should a guy stick with just clear safety glasses.
I wear Rx glasses and wear the goggles over them. These are the ones I bought....and the quality is good as well as the price. They fit well....and they even look cool IMHO. You could also have them fitted with Rx lenses if you wish. I have two pair and several pairs of lenses for each. I would never suggest for anyone who rides to buy polarized lenses though.....they eliminate the ability to see the reflection from the wet or slick spots on the road ahead of you. I have two sets of their clear lenses....and pairs of the Plum color, and one of the dark tint. The fog stopper coating works, but its not 100%. If your interested in some good stuff to eliminate the fogging problem....search the forums there are several threads where some good stuff is linked. I use a product called "Cat-Crap" and it is one of the best products I have found for this purpose.

Click for their web site

Old 12-19-2007, 09:40 AM
lakedrunk
Advanced

my eyes water up if there is any wind getting to them so I wore goggles for a long time, I finally found some glasses that fit my face perfectly and they are as good as goggles so I bought two pairs of dark ones and two pairs of clear ones just in case I lose one and can't find them again. I carry either the dark or clear in my fork bag at all times.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Idiot
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think goggles (w/out) helmet look cool.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
tobyhd1
Tourer

I`ve got 2 pairs I wear.One clear, one dark.They fit nice in the eye socket area.I wear contacts so I need the extra air elimination across the eye so they don`t dry out.Came with a pouch so I just swap them out.I think they were like $8 at Laconia,cheap protection!Toby

Quick Reply: Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......