General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:34 AM
IcemanVA
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......

ORIGINAL: csbreeze

Zuma,

They make some really good products for what I hear but unfortunately I just have some good advice about a bad product. If your at a ralley and some guy walks up to clean your googles, glasses, or even worse bike windshiled with a small bottle of blue crap that he claims will stop fogging run from the guy. I had this happen at the last ralley I was at and I had to throw my glasses away. You had to use his product regularly or what ever you allowed him to clean would fog up really easy compared to before he put his blue crap on your stuff. I know it sounds fictional but it really happened to me in Myrtle Beach SC. They travel from ralley to ralley so becareful of the blue product crap guy at ralleys. I wish I remembered the product name. Thank God I didnt put in on my windshield.
I think that crap youre talking about is Zooke...and I agree, its crap, you'd be better off smearing road kill across your lenses.

http://zooke.com/shop/catalog.php

Old 12-11-2007, 05:54 AM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I wear contacts, so goggles are a no brainer if I want to keep my contacts. Keeps me from blinking a 1000 times and hour as well...lol

Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: whaap

Goggles are cool!! I wear prescription lenses and if I'm on the highway in the summer time with my Shoei 1/2 helmet they offer good protection.
Glad to see I'm not the only Shoei wearer with goggles. Mine is a Shoei 3/4, and my goggles, well, I like them, don't care for wind cupping up under the frames of glasses. I wear these because they're what works for me. One of these days, maybe a 1/2 with glasses, but for now, when my eyes are the only thing that help me watch out for the 'others', i'll stick with them. Clear on cloudy, easy swap out to tinted for the sun.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:07 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain

why not buy light sensitive like the Panoptix; mine are ACE and work really well?

Expensive but fit for purpose...you get what you pay for.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Aroberts

Its dark when I ride to work in the morning and I need some kind of eye protection. Are goggles not cool, should a guy stick with just clear safety glasses.
I wear Rx glasses and wear the goggles over them. These are the ones I bought....and the quality is good as well as the price. They fit well....and they even look cool IMHO. You could also have them fitted with Rx lenses if you wish. I have two pair and several pairs of lenses for each. I would never suggest for anyone who rides to buy polarized lenses though.....they eliminate the ability to see the reflection from the wet or slick spots on the road ahead of you. I have two sets of their clear lenses....and pairs of the Plum color, and one of the dark tint. The fog stopper coating works, but its not 100%. If your interested in some good stuff to eliminate the fogging problem....search the forums there are several threads where some good stuff is linked. I use a product called "Cat-Crap" and it is one of the best products I have found for this purpose.

Click for their web site

Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Bodyshot1
Road Captain

I'm with you dude!..until I get a nice pair of prescription wiley-x, it's goggles for me!...[8D]

hey biz..I like the looks of those guard dogs too..have to check em out..thx

ORIGINAL: Marblemania

I wear prescription glasses AND Goggles. I don't give a rip what anyone else "thinks". It keeps my eyes from watering and the bugs out.

[/align]

Old 12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Blackisfast
Tourer

Raccoon tan lines are the *ultimate* in cool...especially for hot chicks. It gives them that *wide eye* look usually associated with...um...well, you know.

That aside...goggles will provide the best eye protection you can get short of a full face helmet.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
paulca
Road Captain

in this weather I don't want to be cool, I want to be warm:

Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wear goggles and I'm waaay cool. Don't worry about it. I bought some el cheapos at a Kangaroo off the highway. Pugs I think they're called. 'bout $15 and they work great.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bodyshot1
I'm with you dude!..until I get a nice pair of prescription wiley-x, it's goggles for me!...[8D]
hey biz..I like the looks of those guard dogs too..have to check em out..thx
You answered my question.

Quick Reply: Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......