General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:39 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......

I agree with Trevor74702. If you got contacts I would wear googles for sure. It helps and the link I posted for safety glasses I am sure would not be as good as googles. Far as rain goes I dont see any benefit myself. Rain always hits my safety glasses on the outside because of my speed. I have never experienced a benefit in that sitution.

I was just playing with you about the google comment above. A friend told me what I posted when I was going to get some. I thought it was funny so I posted it.Your post made me laugh because its just about what I said when my friend fired back at me.

Cool is riding safe, being comfortable, and enjoying your ride.Looking cool hahaa? Well my leathers are scuffed up, shirts torn from wear, boots dirty, and NO Harley would not put me on their web site forHD fashion today or tomorrow. I am more concerned with comfort, my sense of smell, feel of the wind, andlooking at my beautiful NC scenery.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:40 PM
zuma
Road Captain

MY GOGGLES TEND TO FOG UP. THINK ITS BECAUSE THEY WERE EL CHEAPOS....ANY IDEAS

Old 12-10-2007, 10:49 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I wear contacts when I ride so I wear goggles. I have had too many contacts blow out of my eye with sunglasses. If goggles ain't cool it don't matter to me because I am the coolest MF'r around anyway.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:51 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Zuma,

They make some really good products for what I hear but unfortunately I just have some good advice about a bad product. If your at a ralley and some guy walks up to clean your googles, glasses, or even worse bike windshiled with a small bottle of blue crap that he claims will stop fogging run from the guy. I had this happen at the last ralley I was at and I had to throw my glasses away. You had to use his product regularly or what ever you allowed him to clean would fog up really easy compared to before he put his blue crap on your stuff. I know it sounds fictional but it really happened to me in Myrtle Beach SC. They travel from ralley to ralley so becareful of the blue product crap guy at ralleys. I wish I remembered the product name. Thank God I didnt put in on my windshield.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There are some nice tight fitting smaller goggles on the market. They don't look much bigger than shades. Got a pair for the wife and she loves them. No draft to make the eyes water.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

I wear prescription glasses AND Goggles. I don't give a rip what anyone else "thinks". It keeps my eyes from watering and the bugs out.

[/align]

Old 12-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Bluerose

I had laser surgery and the wind really drys out my eyes so I wear Wiley X sunglasses/goggles. They have clear, yellow, light senitive, various sun glass shades.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Whiskers

Goggles only look cool if you weara silk scarf....J/K...wear them if you want.
Ahhhhhh! you've just brought a memory back... those gorgeous gals in their scoots riding the streets of Firenze....

Old 12-11-2007, 04:46 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Goggles are cool!! I wear prescription lenses and if I'm on the highway in the summer time with my Shoei 1/2 helmet they offer good protection.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Sith1250
Tourer

I wear foamy(wind gaurd)shades in the day time.. and clear goggles at night...I picked them up from my Harley Shop in the motorclothes section. they were 16 bux, and dont look too bad. They letno eye wateringair in while riding at any speed..but if stopped at a light for too long they tend to fog up, till you start moving again.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Quick Reply: Riding with Goggles, your thoughts.......