General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tender on new bikes

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Rininhoj
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Tender on new bikes

Do all newer bikes come with them? Mine did, & I found it after the ride home from the dealer. Melted to the crossover pipe, having melted through the connection of the protective cap & almost to the point of the enclosed + terminal making contact. Made it a list item at my 1k service & was told they would not replace it as it was not factory. So I traced it down & eliminated it. I added the pig-tail for my charger ( not new to this by any stretch, have had a charger for years ) & then got the parts ( Duetchese connector ) to wire in my electric clothing to the acc. port under the seat. When I went to the parts counter for the connector the kid said " Wouldn't it be easier just to hook it ( clothing port ) to the battery"?Ok then what's the point in having an accessory switch & port? "Oh thats for options like heated clothing & stuff, we sell them in the boutique."Grrrrrrrr! Get me my parts!!Dumass!!!
Rini