General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode a Victory Vision Today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:03 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode a Victory Vision Today...

Cruised by the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach today while out putzin around. I didn't bother going in but instead, I parked it and foot cruised the different manufacturers tents where people sign up to ride. Naturally, I migrated to Harley but quickly learned that a morning sign up was the ticket...this was late afternoon. Oh well, I got one anyway. Strolling, I stumbled on the Victory Motorcycle area, where I was immediately pulled in. I must say that my attention was drawn to the "way out" styling of their new Vision model. I'm thinkin... "far out" ... then the guy says, wanna ride one? Said: "join the group inside watchin the video, when its done, we're pullin out". Wow, no wait.
Lotta buttons, I never did figure out how to turn on the radio. Smooth is first impression, second was good wind deflection away from my legs. As it was gettin chilly, I did appreciate the grip warmers. After a quick sprint on the freeway, we navigated city traffic as we returned. I couldn't help notice the drive train, (shaft drive) clunking, (controllable with effort) as the gear sets load and unload cruisin on the blvd.
My opinion back at the tent with a couple guys agreeing was that this new bike will not draw away Harley ridersbut rather lure buyers from all other makes. Harley character is not duplicatable.
Heres a link with story and pics: http://www.cycleworld.com/article.as...article_id=387

Old 12-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default RE: Rode a Victory Vision Today...

Its hard to capture the history and and Harley mysticbut yetI wish the Victory Motory Company all the best. With all the other competitors from other countries selling bikesit always good that there are otherUS companies building bikes. With their great power plant I wish they'd really make an 'old-school' looking bike.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When did they go to shaft drive?? I thought they were belt drives.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:22 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer

ORIGINAL: John TN
When did they go to shaft drive?? I thought they were belt drives.
Oops...I stand corrected. John TN, you're right, spec says belt drive. I don't have a clue where I got that from cept it looks like it'd have a shaft drive...That makes the gear backlash thing an even bigger issue in my book.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Victory has some cool stuff. My ridin bud has one.

Too bad the dealer he bought his from just went under.

Nice bikes.

MikeM

Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Idiot
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Whiskers

Its hard to capture the history and and Harley mysticbut yetI wish the Victory Motory Company all the best. With all the other competitors from other countries selling bikesit always good that there are otherUS companies building bikes. With their great power plant I wish they'd really make an 'old-school' looking bike.
+1

Old 12-10-2007, 10:47 AM
spikehyre
Road Master

Saw the vision at the Seattle show.....sorry, think it is one ugly bike. Only thing missing were power windows.....It was long, low and out of scale....just the wrong dimensions...of course I think Harleys with flat paint schemes and neon lights and glowing valve stems are ugly too.....New Nightster is sharp though but you will feel wind on your legs....

Old 12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which dealer was that? You're sure it wasn't just the one that closed one of three locations?
ORIGINAL: severum17

Victory has some cool stuff. My ridin bud has one.

Too bad the dealer he bought his from just went under.

Nice bikes.

MikeM

Old 12-10-2007, 12:17 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

On our last ride of the season, we met a Vision coming down the highway. I couldn't figure out what it was coming at me, and when it went by, it looked even more odd in the rear view mirror with the "V" taillights all lit up. I think Victory is targeting the BMW crowd, rather than Harley, with that design.

From what I've read, it seems they have a "heat" issue as well with a lean burning engine.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Now, I could see myself on this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-JA...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: Rode a Victory Vision Today...