General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zumo question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:59 PM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zumo question

Got no response in touring so...
I have verizon service and need a phone that will bluetooth to the Zumo as well as access and pull up info off some internet sites that I get info off of.
Tried the enV and it linked bluetoothexcellently, but I need to look things up on the web and it wouldn't pull the stuff I needed, so I got the Voyager. Now it pulls the info I need, buy doesn't want to link to my zumo.
I have a T mobile as my main cell, but alot of the smaller way out towns only have verizon access, so I pulled my backup out for riding, but I'm having trouble getting the features I need.
Anyone know if voyager links or anyway to make this work?

I will post on the zumo site after I'm through here, but want to hear it from someone that isn't biased.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
azhole
Road Master
Default RE: Zumo question

I got the VX10000, verizon voyager, to link up, finally ;D.
I was just missing one step to get it to link up.
I am fairly ignorant when it comes to electronics ???, but I had both the phone and zumo in the find mode, so the other wasn't putting out any signal for the other to see, I guess :-\.
I was only going into settings and tools, then bluetooth, then add new device on the phone, and waiting for them to find each other.
To get them to link you need to do all that, but when you get to the 'add new device' screen you go into options by pushing the right soft key, and a list will come up, and 'Discovery Mode' will be on this list. Go into discovery and get the zumo in it's search and they will link.
My phone book came up.
I haven't had the zumo in the cradle since I got them paired, and don't know if, or what kind of audio quality will be present, yet, but I'll take it out later today and find out all the particulars.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Bluerose

You had me worried...I just gota voyager and I have a zumo....[&:] Haven't tried it yet though.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:20 PM
guido2112
Intermediate

i have had the Zumo for about 6 months now. zumoforums.com can answer all of your ?

Old 12-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: guido2112

i have had the Zumo for about 6 months now. zumoforums.com can answer all of your ?
Yep great place for zumo info!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Oilcan
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't have Verizon but you shouldn't have a problem connecting what ever you have with the Zumo. As others mentioned, the Zumo Forum has a ton of information. I've had my Zumo since last Spring and can't say enough good things about it. Works great on the bike and also in the truck. Truck mount with the built in speaker and mic work pretty well but lots of background noise using the mount mic and hands free. It works, but not outstanding. It is nice however to have the Zumo screen tell me that there's a call coming in and who it is ... as long as it's someone in the phonebook in my phone. Enjoy ... there's a ton of little things the Zumo does that you'll ONLY find out about on the Forum because it's not in the instruction manual. Nothing major, but some nice little features.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
GADawgs
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Blue rose, how do you like the voyager. I'm thinking of getting one. Thanks Sorry to be off topic

Old 12-10-2007, 01:17 AM
azhole
Road Master

Not all phones will link to the zumo.
I got this phone cause my main cell is a nokia,T mobile and it would go in, and out, and in, and out, and in...disconnect and connect.......bullshit.
I don't need a zumo for riding my bike. Half the fun is getting lost and finding new stuff while finding where I am, but ,
I work off my bike sometimes and time is money, and some customers freak when they hear a harley and the wind when you call for directions to their house, where they're stuck/trapped, alone, helpless, without keys to get inside for protection, to pick their locks to get them in, or make keys for their car.
Some don't want a dirtbag comin' on over Sooooooo, I just put in that address and show up, and can answer form the zumo so I don't have to pull my phone out when someone else calls, or shouldn't after this gets right.

I dropped on phone at 70 mph one night in BFE, in the desert outside of phoenix.
I found the part of the phone with the chip with my phone numbers and stuff, so I found enough to get on the next day, but I decided then to get the zumo so that doesn't happen again,
and I can reject those damn soliciters w/out pulling the phone out.

BTW I did post this same question on Zumo forum in the bluetooth forum and got no responses. I had 6 reads, but no responses, so you can't get everything there when you need it, but it may come around later. It is on there now though

Old 12-10-2007, 05:18 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Beverly, does that empty spot in the garage suggest that something has been sold?