General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricer intolerance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 06:10 AM
thumperhumper
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ricer intolerance?

I guess I don't really understand why some of us despise the guys who ride ricers and the machines themselves. I have owned ricers and a BMW and they were all good machines...just different types of machines. WE ALL LOVE TO RIDE!
Don't get me wrong, I love my Harley and wouldn't trade it for anything but there is something to be said for the other bikes as well. Aco-worker buddy of mine owns a ricer sport bike and we love to talk about riding because he has it in his blood just like me, therefore a common bond...we both understand the freedom of riding. In fact I like to admire his bike and he admires my Harley...both areawesome machines, just very different machines.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I form my opinion about a person on who they are, not on the make of bike they ride.
On the other hand if a ricer flipped me off or something just because I'm on my Harley there's gonna be trouble.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:21 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ricer intolerance?

I don't care what somebody else rides . I 've owned an honda , BMW and 3 harleys. As long as you are out riding .. it's all the same road.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:31 AM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could care less what others ride. Life is too short to go around with an ax to grind. It's about as junior high as it gets.

Ride, smile, wave and have fun.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:32 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

As long as people walk the face of this earth,there will always be differences of opinions on everything.The way life is.The more money and power a person posseses,the more they seem to get their way.As long they do not interfere with my lifestyle we are tolerant of it.Just do not cross that imaginary line in the sand.We Bikers have to stick together.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:39 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

is it in general about ricers or the riders of the sport rockets that pull stupid stunts in traffic, pass you in your lane at high speed and in general goofing off. The sport bike crowd think that bike courtesy and laws don't apply to them. The sport rocket riders in many cases have been giving the rest of the riders a bad reputation. These are also the ones who saved just enough to get 2 wheels, don't take a safety course and don't have a motorcycle license. But I do understand why they are in a hurry, the bike is just too uncomfortable to ride very long.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:41 AM
07RoadGlide
Banned

Not a hater here either. My metric roots run deep, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna give upi my RG for one. I got 3 bros who ride metric. They'd be bros no matter what they rode. The bike doesn't make the person.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:09 AM
kingk9
Banned

I don't think many Harley riders "dispise" metric riders. I really don't feel one way or another about them. I do however have an opinion on the bikes they ride. I rode em for years before I got a Harley so I have an informed opinion. I don't think their bikes are as good as mine. I hope that's still ok to think. What am I supposed to do, feel guilty about having that opinion like they are some oppressed group? I got enough to worry about without flaying myself about the rights and feelings of the poor metric riders. I think they will be ok and will be able to continue living without my or anyone elses approval. My God. What is this place coming to.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 AM
espacef1fan
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

is it in general about ricers or the riders of the sport rockets that pull stupid stunts in traffic, pass you in your lane at high speed and in general goofing off. The sport bike crowd think that bike courtesy and laws don't apply to them. The sport rocket riders in many cases have been giving the rest of the riders a bad reputation. These are also the ones who saved just enough to get 2 wheels, don't take a safety course and don't have a motorcycle license. But I do understand why they are in a hurry, the bike is just too uncomfortable to ride very long.

Alternitively......the sportbike set could say tings about the cruiser/harley set...
-Barhopping(riding drunk)
-tending to wear helmets less than sportbikers( a big no no on most sportbike/adv bike/dirtbike forums)
-living the lifestyle

Basically......it goes both ways...

However that said...for the most part..I see a fairly mature attitude towards other bikes on this forum and also on sportbikes.net...another forum I'm on.....though there are a good number of young poser kids on there.....

either way....life's too short to care about whos dumb for their choice of bike or gear....

That said..I still think wearing a helmet is smarter than not wearing one...The I" cant see or hear anything with a helmet thing"is kind of dumb..I can see fine in my full face.....but thats a whole nother can of beans..that is always fun to open..lol

Old 12-07-2007, 07:37 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

it's not the bikes, it's the way they are ridden. so many sport bike riders ride like there is no tomorrow and that gives all bikers that appearance. my neighbor is near 70 and rides with me (60) a lot on hisUltra. his oldest son is 37 and has 3 sport bikes, one a restored 75 Z-1 Kaw. When he crosses the 2 mile long causeway across the lake behind our houses you can hear him thewhole way. when asked about it he explains "well ya gotta keep the RPM up on this type of bike, yada, yada!!" i was in st louis recently and a guy rode his bike on it's rear wheel for almost 10 miles at 70 mph. whoopee s__t!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

Chevy -vs- Ford
Fender -vs- Gibson
Harley -vs- Honda
Remington -vs- Winchester
PC -vs- Mac

You get the idea. It is only natural for products to create a rivalry.

Quick Reply: Ricer intolerance?