General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricer intolerance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Harley Stan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ricer intolerance?

I have no qualms with the metric guys. Everybody has to start somewhere. Heck, when I was about 11 my uncle gave me a Hodaka, I don't even know where that was made, itonly lasted about a month, I am sure my Mom was relieved when it died.
Lately I have been riding with my vetranarian. He is a very new rider and he just bought a Yamaha. He is learning but I hope he will graduate to a Harley someday, lord knows that with two older dogs I am paying him enough. I seem to be the ride leader when we ride and it is really cool to see someone progress by following your lead no matter what he is riding.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Sith1250
Tourer

you know, I love machines in general, be they rice, wheat or kraut..even pasta. Now I prefer my good ole Harley, but I understand that people ride what they feel comfortable with.

I have a buddy, he just bought a signature series GSXR1k, and was really proud of it. I was happy for him, and wanted to see it. I invited him to "BIKE NIGHT" here in Tucson on 4th ave. He showed up, and the parking lot was filled with Harleys, and one Yamaha (Road Star) ((MY other buddy)). Well lo and behold, Gixer Boy comes up to me 2 mins later and says he is feeling really intimidated and out of place...and he was gonna go. I told him that everyone was glad he was there..... "if its on 2 wheels, its all good" but he booked anyway. What the heck!! He was welcomed there and even got some questions about his bike...no one hazed him or anything....I guess he had to go clean out his diaper or something...friggin whiner.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Big R
Intermediate

I'm fairly new to Harleys.....I say fairly new because I grew up around Harleys...my Dad and uncle owned several Harleys and took me for rides when I was a kid.

Anyway, I finally got my very own (first) Harley several months ago and couldn't be happier!! I've owned numerous metric bikes (mostly cruiser types...the last one being a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600) and enjoyed most of them...but I didn't really have a connection with them. They were just souless motorcycles that lacked any real character. To me...(and this is just my personal opinon)...Harleys are the apex of motorcycles. Once you own a Harley you're at the top...they are the motorcycles of motorcycles!! When most people think of motorcycles...a Harley-Davidson is the first thing that comes to mind. Say what you will....but Harley's are true American spirit!! And I'm damn proud to be an American and if owning a Harley-Davidson is a way to show your American spirit...then By-God that's what I'm doin'.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

I feel better now....Thanks!! [sm=smiley14.gif]

Old 12-08-2007, 07:54 AM
ChrisA351
Advanced

I dont give a hoot what anyone rides. I still have my rice first bike in the garage (Honda Trail 70).

I used to ride a ZX9R piped and jetted. I loved that thing and should never have sold it. Just parked it next to the bob.

Honestly, after my bob is paid off I may still go out and get another ZX9 like I had. I kind of miss it sometimes. Its a totally different kind of riding.

Keep on riding guys, who cares what its on!!!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Roofuss96
Road Captain

I've owned several Kawasaki's { 900 LTD, and 900 Ninja, 1100 GPZ, KZ 1300 6 cylinder, 500 2 stroke, etc.} over the past 33 years of riding before my first H/D in 1999 ,and NEVER had a bad one. It's NOT what YOU RIDE, IT'S THAT YOU do RIDE .[sm=smiley20.gif] We all use the same roads, life is way too short to worry about such " chicken s--- !![sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ride what ya brung don't matter to me.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:49 AM
08 FLHT
Novice

Unfortunately dollars are a big factor. I just traded a metric bike for my first Harley a 2008Electraglide. I couldn't afford it four years agowhen I purchased the metric.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:14 AM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently mods are not to be criticized. So be it.
My point with all this is that while many of you whine about metric riders being ******** and arrogant [sm=icon_blah.gif]
many Harley riders act exactly the same way towards the metrics. Arrogance,stupid jap crap,only bought one 'cause he could'nt get a Harley etc...
Please explain to me how we as Harley owners are just SO SUPERIOR to them. i know not everyone here feels that way but A LOT of Harley riders do.
Please accept my most abject apologies for insulting a mod or admin. I grovel at your feet and will NEVER again disagree or be contentious with your holiness![sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

Old 12-08-2007, 11:15 AM
doggiedave
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all about riding, rest is all BS! NUFF SAID

Old 12-08-2007, 11:18 AM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Wow,

You just insulted one of the nicest people I've ever known. Putting an eagle or American Flag on a Honda makes no sense to me either. I'm not saying that you should not own a Metric bike but don't try to dress it up like it's American. Harley IS an American Company and Honda is not. They HATE Harley Davidson's and would put them out of business in a heart beat if they could. They have tried in the past.

For the record, I am the head salesman at a Honda/Suzuki/Polaris/Can Am Dealership here in Charleston, IL. The local Harley Dealership (37 miles South of me) didn't see fit to hire me so I'm just trying to make some extra money as a retired LEO. Most of the customers coming in don't know I ride a Harley (for the past 31 years) and you should hear how they talk about us. They are jealous. I've never seen so much plactic chrome in my life. Gold Wing riders are the cheapest and most arrogent people I've ever met (I know there are some really good ones out there too but I see the worse ones). I can order you a brand new 04 and 05 Honda from the warehouse. Try doing that with a Harley.

Now about calling a Moderator names here on the forum. I would not recommend it. If you have a problem with a Mod or Admin you should probably take it to a pm.

Terry
ORIGINAL: akenaten

ORIGINAL: Mikeeeeeeeeee

ORIGINAL: akenaten

So if an American citizen puts an American flag/symbol(eagle) on a foreign made bike he is wrong..
So where is your flag/eagle made? And if you have a flag patch or silkscreen on a shirt then you better make sure that shirt is made in America. And you'd better inspect all PGR riders and make sure any eagles on their clothing are on American made items.
And the US isn't the only nation in the world with an eagle as a national symbol.Russia,Germany,Mexico,Austria do too.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to put a US flag on my wifes' Vstar. Then I'm gonna put one on my Honda SUV.[:@]
I
Did I strike a nerve? [8D]
Wow! Mind like a steel trap..

Of course no answer to anything...
My humble opinion that you are an asshat has been confirmed.[sm=smiley32.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
And if you could please explain to me how putting an American flag on a Honda or what ever is"trying to dress it up like it's American"? Who said they were doing that? Please enlighten this humble member.

Quick Reply: Ricer intolerance?