General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricer intolerance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 07:11 PM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ricer intolerance?

ORIGINAL: Herr Monk

ORIGINAL: fj4069

ORIGINAL: JosephGarcia

It's not so much the type of bike, as it is the type of rider.

Alot (not all) sportbikers are young guys just trying to go fast and do stunts and crap. arley riders tend to be more relaxed, so obviously friction develops. but it crosses lines and they start to descriminate against every sportbiker, and then the bikes themselves.

but i repeat

It's not so much the type of bike, as it is the type of rider.
there it is and there you have it. that pretty much sums it up. i ride like an a-hole no matter what bike I'm on. sportbike i'm doing burnouts and wheelies and stoppies and going 160 on the freeway. harley i'm doing burnouts and wheelies, blipping the throttle in traffic for the cagers and going 130 on the freeway. the age difference has a lot to do with it also i think.
Well said...

I hate some of them.

I really like, and ride with, others.

... some of them just really get under my skin... Green Transformers... on zx10s...

I don't know, reading this I get the feeling that most of these folks have issues with younger riders having fun, f***ing around, and pushing the limits of saftey (There is also a difference between personal saftey and motorcycle curtisy, wheelies are my buisness, passing you in your lane is being a jerkoff and putting you at risk)... So I'm sure even though all I ride is a Harley... at times I fit into this catagory... k, allot of the time I fit into this catagory...

Need to get new pipes so I can start blippin' my throttle and settin' of alarms again.
Ride how ya want!!!!! Just don't expect me to tolerate YOUputtin my *** in your world..K!!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody who wants to make an issue out of the brand bike somebody else rides is just a moron. A little good natured ball breaking is cool, it's all part of the two wheeled world. But those who do it seriously have got a real self image problem or something. I haven't met many of that type, but when I have I just ignored them. Their opinions don't count.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Rides2007Harley

Chevy -vs- Ford
Fender -vs- Gibson
Harley -vs- Honda
Remington -vs- Winchester
PC -vs- Mac

You get the idea. It is only natural for products to create a rivalry.
Good point,and to add fuel to the fire,it's the way people ride that pizzes most people off and gives each a bad name.The wannabe newbies on their Harleys that can't ride,and the punks on their sport/stunt bikes that ride irresponseibly. I ride sport bikes,dirt bikes,and a Harley,it's all good as long as your not a jerk about it.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
kingk9
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Motor Mark

You know, it seems like in just about every "enthusiast" category, be it bikes, cars, guitars, or even stinkin' PC's, everybody has ther favorites. There will always be a small percentage of people that won't give props to something other than there "chosen" favorite.
IMHO, this is plain ignorance, or just the result of weak character to "peer pressure".

Personaly, I have never been just a Chevy guy, or a Ford guy, or whatever. I love most all of them for there "uniqueness".

When I'm on the bike, I give ALL the bikers a wave, whether I'm on my Sportie or my Suzuki GSX110R (one fast **** there).
It's kinda' funny when I,m on the Harley cause the sportbike riders all double-take when they get a wave from a Harley rider, and vice-versa when I'm on the metric. Does get a little tiring waving to everybody in the damn canyon on a nice Sunday afternoon though LOL.

Most people I know and ride with, have an appreciation for all bikes, and I think most of you all do too. For all the rest, God bless you, and maybe you'll all grow up one day.

Just shut up and ride! Mark
When I couldn't afford Glenlivet scotch I drank Scorseby's because it was at least scotch. When I couldn't afford good cigars I smoked churchill rejects because at least they were cigars. But would I smoke or drink that crap now? No f*ckin way. I look at bikes the same way. I feel I have the best bike on the planet and I'm not ashamed to say it. Would I ride a metric now? No f*ckin way. So don't preach to me about all bikes have something good about them. No they don't. I've owned some. There are a few good ones, but mostly, you get what you pay for. I come to a Harley forum to talk and read about Harleys, not about how we should all love our fellow bike riders. There are other forums for that. Who the hell are you to tell anybody to grow up? Go on another forum and commensurate with other people with a love for metrics and that feel guilty about the horrible way they are treated by the evil and moronic Harley guys. But with as much love as your getting here, maybe you don't have to.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:03 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mikeeeeeeeeee

ORIGINAL: akenaten

So if an American citizen puts an American flag/symbol(eagle) on a foreign made bike he is wrong..
So where is your flag/eagle made? And if you have a flag patch or silkscreen on a shirt then you better make sure that shirt is made in America. And you'd better inspect all PGR riders and make sure any eagles on their clothing are on American made items.
And the US isn't the only nation in the world with an eagle as a national symbol.Russia,Germany,Mexico,Austria do too.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to put a US flag on my wifes' Vstar. Then I'm gonna put one on my Honda SUV.[:@]
I
Did I strike a nerve? [8D]
Wow! Mind like a steel trap..

Of course no answer to anything...
My humble opinion that you are an asshat has been confirmed.[sm=smiley32.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So if an American citizen puts an American flag/symbol(eagle) on a foreign made bike he is wrong..
So where is your flag/eagle made? And if you have a flag patch or silkscreen on a shirt then you better make sure that shirt is made in America. And you'd better inspect all PGR riders and make sure any eagles on their clothing are on American made items.
And the US isn't the only nation in the world with an eagle as a national symbol.Russia,Germany,Mexico,Austria do too.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to put a US flag on my wifes' Vstar. Then I'm gonna put one on my Honda SUV.[:@]
I

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Doesnt matter.
ON the 1st reply to me you had pretty much formed an opinion.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
sddyna
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Cabledude said it all, I couldn't agree more. The sport bikers might get there quicker but us Harley riders will get there in style!!

[/align]

Old 12-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow,

You just insulted one of the nicest people I've ever known. Putting an eagle or American Flag on a Honda makes no sense to me either. I'm not saying that you should not own a Metric bike but don't try to dress it up like it's American. Harley IS an American Company and Honda is not. They HATE Harley Davidson's and would put them out of business in a heart beat if they could. They have tried in the past.

For the record, I am the head salesman at a Honda/Suzuki/Polaris/Can Am Dealership here in Charleston, IL. The local Harley Dealership (37 miles South of me) didn't see fit to hire me so I'm just trying to make some extra money as a retired LEO. Most of the customers coming in don't know I ride a Harley (for the past 31 years) and you should hear how they talk about us. They are jealous. I've never seen so much plastic chrome in my life. Gold Wing riders are the cheapest and most arrogent people I've ever met (I know there are some really good ones out there too but I see the worse ones). I can order you a brand new 04 and 05 Honda from the warehouse. Try doing that with a Harley.

Now about calling a Moderator names here on the forum. I would not recommend it. If you have a problem with a Mod or Admin you should probably take it to a pm.

Terry

I

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Just for the record. I don't want to offend anyone who owns or used to own a Metric bike but this IS a Harley Forum. If you post defending Metric bikes here you probably aren't going to get a good reception. There are plenty of Metric forums out there bashing Harley's. I don't agree with bashing any bikes. Just go defend them at the proper forum.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:45 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

I really, really, really, really HATE!!!! winter time. Starts getting goofy around here every time the temps drop.

Of course, I just came back to Texas this afternoon from Boston. Spent a month there Tuesday thru Friday morning. High was 29F. Sunset by 1615 hours & totally dark by 1700 hours. Only reason the joint was settled was the stoopit Pilgrims ran outta beer. I reckon I'd probably go nuts and start posting weird crap on here, too.

This is a Harley joint. I choose to ride a Harley and hang around here. I don't care what anyone else rides. Let me rephrase that - I have absolutely zero interest in any muttersickles except for the ol' standard US-types, and the Brit bikes. Guess that makes me some sorta anti-somethin' or other in a non-PC sorta way. Oh well, I'll live with it.

Quick Reply: Ricer intolerance?